Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sorry to keep you all hanging the last couple of weeks but we're finally back and ready to roll. Some fun and exciting things have occurred since our last post beginning with the newest addition to our household....we sadly said goodbye to our trusty ol' Acura and welcomed with open arms, our new Pilot. Troy surprised me the Tuesday before we left for California. He called around 5 saying that he was on his way home and that he would be home around the same time the day before. That was around 5:45. There was no way that he would be home by then but I didn't really think anything of it. He called again around 6 saying that he was stuck in traffic and that he would be another 20 minutes. He said that he was calling from the Castle Pines exit which is maybe 5 minutes away but it had been snowing so I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He calld again around 6:30 saying that he would be a little bit later than mentioned before but that he would be bringing home a surprise. The wheels started turning in my head and lo and behold, I was right. He came pulling in with our brand new Pilot. It was a great surprise.



Thursday we left to head down to California. It was a mini vacation just for kicks but we thoroughly enjoyed getting away. Brooke did great on the plane ride. She whimpered a bit on our decent which isn't surprising but all in all she was great. She is a well-seasoned traveler now. She's been on 4 roundtrip flights and has done pretty well on all of them. Friday we headed over to the Getty Museum. It was a rainy, cold day but we enjoyed the one exhibit we saw before we had to leave to meet my mom at her school. We met up with my mom so she could show off Brooke to all her co-workers then headed home. My dad had to head to Hong Kong that night so we went to Sam Woo then my mom dropped him off at the Flyaway. Later that night I got to see my piano teacher, Sis. Neilson. I hadn't seen her in about 4 years so it was great to catch up.

Saturday we went to San Diego and met up with Matt and his family and Jonnelle. We had lunch at Point Loma's Seafood. It was so good to see them and enjoy the California weather. A storm was supposed to roll in that day but luckily it was all sunshine the whole day. Sunday we had church and then a family gathering. All of my mom's brothers and sisters showed up except for one and some of the cousins that live in the area. It was definitely a full house. Monday we laid low but got to meet up with my friend, Megan, for lunch. It was great catching up with her and now all we need to do is convince her to move to Denver! :) Tuesday we came back to Denver. It was a great vacation but it's always nice to come home. The bad thing now is that we're all sick. Brooke started getting sick Wednesday, me on Thursday, and Troy yesterday. It's just a cold but poor Brooke is just Miss Snotty Nose. Hopefully it'll pass soon. Luckily Brooke has been able to handle it fairly well. Yesterday Robyn and Aaron came down and we went and saw He's Just Not That Into You. It was an okay movie. It's been a busy couple of weeks and there's still more excitement to come. Rachel, McKenna, and Ryleigh are coming to visit Tuesday and Dan will be joining us on Friday. We're excited. Now all I have to do is come up with stuff to do while they're down here.

Lastly, here are some goofy pictures and videos of Brooke.


11 comments:

Shane said...

Awesome post! Congrats on the new car! And nice job Troy keeping it a surprise! Awesome that you got to see Matt and family. They look great. Anyway, sounds like it was fun. That's awesome

Helen said...

I enjoyed your post. Everything but the Megan moving to Colorado part. boo.

Kenz said...

Looks like a fun packed weekend! Congrats on the new car. We have loved our Pilot and I'm sure the new ones are even better!

We're loving Brooke!

Will said...

Great pics and stories all around. I like the 1 sock look. It's like Jacko's glove or Coolio's pant leg . . .

wer said...

It was fun seeing you guys! Brooke is such a good baby and she's so cute and playful!

Anonymous said...

All I am saying is Brooke is a little cutie.

Lilianne said...

What a stinkin' cutie! I can't believe how big she is!!

Tracy Giles said...

I love your new car!! Very exciting! I'm super jealous of your trip to California. Great pictures!

Elise and Lane said...

I would love to take another lil' trip to California again!!! Glad Brooke's a good little traveler!

Elise and Lane said...

ps are you guys coming to texas or what!!!?

The Allens said...

I love your new car...it looks so nice! Sounds like you guys had a fun trip, and I'm glad Brooke is a good traveler!