Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Verdict Is In...

Our baby is not so much a baby anymore but a little girl. :( Where did the time go. Her stats for her 18 month well check were:

Head: 18 3/4" (75%)
Height: 32 1/4" (50-75%)
Weight: 22.2 lbs (10-25%)
Sunday, Brooke turned 18 months and got to celebrate it by going to nursery for the first time. And let me tell you, she did fabulous. I don't think she even batted an eye when we left and the leaders said that she did great.
Other things that she has been up to are:

Feeding herself (definite work in progress)
*Side note: I had to fill out an 18 month questionnaire to help gauge where Brooke is at in her development. One of the questions was "Does you child get a spoon into her mouth right side up so tha the food usually doesn't spill?" Do I even give her a spoon at all to feed herself. She's lucky if she can get the fork into her mouth with food on it.

Finding things that are too small and demanding that they be put on

Being the princess of the houseTalking up a storm (I can't download the video onto here but it's worth the click on the link...at least for the grandparents)

16 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

I checked out the video... she's precious! I think she just might out weigh her Cousin Sierra... just maybe. She's got a great Mooo too :)

Kristin said...

I would agree. She is is a little girl now! Man can she change that much since the end of september?

Elise and Lane said...

Yeah for nursery! Now you can actually go to class... which may or may not be a good thing... :) !!!

The Allens said...

Hooray for nursery! I'm glad she did great. She sure is cute.

Ware Family said...

Ok, she is officially too cute for words. 18 months is such a magical age, huh? Children (ok, maybe just girls) can finally start verbally expressing themselves, nursery. I love it!
She's getting so much hair, and I think she's looking more and more like you Tracie.
She's looking really grown up. not so much a baby anymore, although I feel like kids are babies until they're around 3. I still totally think of kate and ellie as my baby girls, and I think I would like to keep it that way as long as possible! No more growing up for our little girls!

Ware Family said...

Ok, now after watching the video, I'm SO SAD she won't be coming for those couple weeks in March. She would have so much fun with Kate and El.
Maybe.....she can just come anyway....

Shane said...

Can't believe how much she's growing up!!!

Natalie said...

YAY for Nursery. Now you guys can actually listen during Sunday School and RS/Priesthood. You won't even know what to do with yourselves! :)

PS: Sydney has that purple dress, too!

Rachel said...

She's taller than Ryleigh!

Kali said...

She is so pretty...

Jonathan Au said...

I'm the luckiest uncle. I just want to put that out there.

brett said...

and Tracie watching the Food Network in the background.

ashley g. said...

Can you even imagine life without this little cutie? And nursery. Blessed, blessed nursery. You have got to LOVE it. Happy 18-month-ness Brooke!

Wu mom said...

I am just missing her so much from CA. She is too cute. Loved the video.

Will said...

In that princess picture, is she sitting on top of the couch? If so, even cooler!

Erin said...

She is such a cutie! I'm sure you enjoyed your first baby-free church meetings!