Monday, July 12, 2010

Changes

In less than 2 weeks, are little girl won't be so little any more. I can't believe how quick these past 2 years have gone. In celebration of her upcoming birthday, we decided to put her in a big girl bed. We set it up Saturday and so far, she's done very well. I was also planning on potty training her this week but decided that since we're going camping this weekend, this week was probably not the best to do it. So it's been pushed back to next week. Wish me good luck on this because I have absolutely no clue in what I'm doing. I'm pretty sure Brooke is ready to go though.

I've already found pen marks in her bed. A nice reminder to make sure there are no writing utensils of any kind in her room.I caved and bought bedding that had pink in it.

The other change this week is we decided to get Lexie a pal. Her name is Squishy (named by the shelter we got her from). She's 2 months old and loves being around people. We thought that Lexie would like to have a friend around when we're not home. We'll see in the next couple of weeks if our decision was a good one. Brooke loves having Squishy around and loves giving her hugs and kisses all the time. Saturday was a busy day for us. A neighbor was putting on a carnival to raise money for the school's P.E. teacher so we headed down there in the morning. Brooke had a lot of fun playing the games and winning tons of candy. I believe in the 2 hours we were there, she had 3 dum dums, a snow cone, capri sun, and a hot dog.Later in the evening we headed downtown to catch a Rockies game with the Powells. We had fabulous seats in left field and a couple of home runs were close to where we were. We were even able to stay the whole game and Brooke loved the attention she got from the people around us.

6 comments:

Tandi Davis said...

Aw, squishy is sooo cute!! I love kittens. I can't believe Brooke is old enough to be in a big girl bed!! And it has PINK in it!!!!!

Kristin said...

I was going to comment on the pink in the bed. Are you getting soft Tracie?

I think it is addorable. And good luck potty training!

Stacie said...

I want to come see the cute kitten!

Will said...

So jealous of Squishy. You sure do get some weird/unique looking cats though.

Brett said...

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy.

Kenz said...

Wow, Squishy's eyes are amazing! Brooke is getting so big. Stop growing up so fast, cutie!!!