Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Because I'm Lazy and It's Cold Outside

Fall has finally decided to show its face this past week. Tempuratures have dropped making the days cooler and the nights even colder. We decided to make a quick trip to the mountains to check out what was left of the fall foliage. We were greeted with this:There was about a 30 degree difference from home to the mountains so we saw some of this.
Good thing I left the Christmas music at home or I may have busted it out.

Because of the colder tempuratures at night, we thought (meaning Troy), it would be best to pick our last harvest from the garden.
All in all our garden this year was eh. We got a lot of zucchini and yellow squash, some odd looking tomatoes, a couple cantelope and watermelon, and 4-5 snow peas. Hopefully next year when we rotate our boxes, we'll be able to produce much more. And lastly, because it's been cooler outside, we (meaning Troy), have been keeping Brooke entertained. Her new thing it to "help" build a tall tower...
then knock it over.

2 comments:

Will said...

I was expecting a "lazy" post, but that was pretty good.

Kenz said...

I'm actually pretty jealous of those colder temps. :)