6 months!!!! Has it really been 6 months????!!!!! I feel like the time has gone in a blink of an eye. Too fast.
Here are the stats at his 6 month appt:
Weight: 16 lbs. 11 oz. (45%)
Length: 26 1/2" (45%)
Head: 17 1/2" (75%)
I was actually surprised by his weight. I was sure that he would have been heavier than that. I was not so surprised by his head though. Brooke was in the 50-75% as well for head circumference.
Some of the highlights of what our little guy has been up to in the past 6 months are:
Sleeping like a champ since the very beginning. Some of you may recall that for the first 5 weeks all he did was ever sleep. We rarely saw his eyes during that time.
Thankfully, now, we see them more often. Don't know if I ever mentioned it but because he has always been a lover of sleep we never had to sleep train him. He did it all on his own.
| Side note: When I put him down for this nap, his head was on the other side. Silly boy. |
At first was not a fan of bathtime.
Glad things have changed. Since the picture below was taken Connor has been transitioned to the bathtub. He kicked way to much so the infant tub didn't really contain him.
One of the many great qualities of Connor is his smile. He has the cutest smile that could melt anyone's heart. Yes, I'm a sucker. I'll admit it. He is so personable and will smile at anyone that will give him the time of day.
Not quite sure when it started but it still continues...he loves his thumb. He'll take a pacifier sometimes but he definitely prefers his thumb.
I think he started sucking his thumb around the time my mom was here so maybe starting at 1 1/2 or 2 months.
His second love are his feet.
Regardless of whether or not there are socks on them he will still go for them and give his toes a nice wash.
Loves his bouncy and jumper and playing with all the toys on it.
If you can't tell already, he's a lover of food as well.
Compared to how Brooke was/is, he is the absolute opposite. He loves sweet potatoes and squash and will tolerate green beans, carrots, and peas. We just started him on pears and we can definitely add that to the love list.
Has mastered sitting up on his own and can do it for a good while. The other day, he sat through all of story time with only a couple wobbles.
Now that his back is good and strong, he's just waiting until he can move to where he wants to be instead of moving further away. Any guesses on when he'll be off and officially crawling?
All in all these past 6 months have shot right on by but we have loved every part of it.
1 comment:
I liked the last pic. Haven't seen that face before.
Post a Comment