Last weekend was the annual Moab trip. When I originally signed up for the half I kind of hoped that we wouldn't get picked in the lottery. My wish didn't come true but I'm glad that I made the trip over.
It was a much smaller group this year. There was 6 of us running the half including a gent.
I had a personal best coming in at 2:03:58. After the New Year's Race I let things slide a little. I was slightly discouraged with the results from the race and decided that I would just run Moab with out any set goals besides coming in at under 2:10. I guess the relieved pressure on myself was the trick. Saturday morning turned out to be a beautiful day for a run. I think it was probably in the low to mid 50s with cloudy skies at the start. I had checked weather before we left the hotel and it said that there was a 30% of rain for the early afternoon but it never came. It was the perfect temperature, no sun, and NO WIND. I think this is the first time in a few years that there has been no wind and it was wonderful. As I was coming in at the last stretch I saw the clock at the finish line and knew that I could come in under 2:04:06 (which was my main goal). I gave it all I had and finished right under it. It felt awesome. If the New Year's Race had been in the morning I think I could have broken the 2 hour mark. So close...I guess I'll have to wait until next time.
The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and gorging ourselves on way too much food.
While I was away Troy held down the fort and entertained the kids. They went to the zoo, Wendy's, had a photo shoot, watched movies, etc. Brooke and Connor love it when daddy's in charge.
Note from Dad: One of the pleasures of Mom being gone is your 4-year old daughter questioning your competence. "Dad, do you know how to get to Lizzie and Johnny's house?" (While making her a hopscotch board) "Dad, do you know how do the numbers? A one is a line, a two is like this. Good job, Daddy! A 10 is a one and then a zero. An eleven is two lines" "Dad, are you sure you know how to get to the zoo? Maybe you can just follow the arrows."
No comments:
Post a Comment