Monday, April 22, 2013

April Showers

Seems like the weather can't make up it's mind.  These past few weeks we've had snow, a blizzard warning, and highs in the 60s.  I think there was a 2 day period where we dropped 50 degrees then shot right back up again.  Don't get me wrong...we love it here.  We just, sometimes, wish that mother nature would make up her mind.  Even with all the ups and downs with the weather, we've managed to keep ourselves entertained.
 I was shopping at Target and came across a bowtie and tie for Connor.  Doesn't he look pretty snazzy with his bow tie and sweater vest?

I'd like to say that I'm just on top of potty training Connor as I was with Brooke but I figured out it is so much easier with your first child.  We've gotten Connor to finally stay seated and he's one pee a couple of times and poo once (I'm sure you wanted to know) but I have a feeling he's going to be more of a challenge.

 
Connor has started taking a liking to shoes.  He's always pulling out the shoes that are way to small for him or not weather appropriate. 

 His favorite are boots.  I think it's because they're easy to put on.
We've started letting Squishy sleep with Brooke now and then.  It works in most cases except that Brooke wakes up way to early in the morning when she has Squishy in the room.
Brooke is signed up for a 6 week tumbling class.  The first week she did horrible...as in just sat and didn't participate.  This last Friday she did everything and loved it.
 Connor even got to join in on the zip line action.
We finally stuck a pillow in Connor's crib in hopes to smoothly transition him to a bed.  I think he kept his head there for maybe 4 seconds.  Every time we go in to check on him he's at the opposite end of the bed.  Who needs a pillow anyways?
All the watching of Brooke in her tumbling class makes Connor want to join as well.  He can just keep going and going and going.

No comments: