Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Quick Recap!

I realize that we've been M.I.A. for a couple weeks.  Yikes!!!! I wish we could say that we've been doing exciting things but it's the daily grind that's keeping us busy.  Here are the highlights of the past weeks:
Connor got his very first hair cut.  It took him so long to grow the hair he had that I didn't want to cut it but his grandpa hairs were getting way too long.  He did great sitting in the chair and walked away looking so handsome and grown up.
We also transitioned Connor into a big boy bed.  I'd like to say that he loves sleeping in it but for the past week we've found him fast asleep behind the door.  Kind of makes it hard to check on him but thankfully he doesn't wake up as we push the door open and he moves pretty easily.
Troy and I celebrated our 9th anniversary.  It's hard to believe that it's been 9 years already.  It's gone by so fast but I've loved every minute of it.  Thanks for all the fun, laughter, and adventures!!!!
 Brooke has been playing soccer twice a week.  Some of the time she's in the thick of things.
 Other times she's examining more interesting things.
 Troy has enjoyed coaching Brooke's team.  It's a challenge to coach a bunch of 5 year olds but they've done well so far.  They're 2-1 for the season.
 We've enjoyed having Taylor here for the summer. 
 The kids miss having him around.  Troy misses having the lawn miraculously mowed.
Other than that life is good!  Brooke loves school and doing fabulous.  Connor likes having more mommy time.  He's starting to talk a little more although you may need a translator to really understand what he's saying.  Troy's busy with work but loves to come home and spend time with us.  I'm busy with piano (12 kids) but still love what I do.


2 comments:

Ware Family said...

I can't believe Connor is in a bed already. I don't dare put Easton in a bed yet. Bad news! But he doesn't mind (thankfully he's mellow and doesn't mind anything I do really!).
The first haircut really makes them look grown up. Easton's only had 3, but with the last one, she used the clippers for the first time and he practically looks like I should be sending him to school with the twins.
Love the chocolate faces. :) We had those here too, unfortunately about ten minutes after the cleaning people left, waaaah!

Mickie and Matt said...

Looks like a lot is going on. Someday i'll start piano lessons again :) Love the pictures. Connor is looking SO grown up! Oh and it's okay, May is just BARELY able to say things that other people understand clearly and most times boys are slower to talk than girls.