Friday, March 13, 2015

Sick Free!!!!

I'm hoping that I don't jinx this but we're finally sick-free in this house.  Hooray!!!!  It seems like at least one of us (mainly Dylan) has been sick since Christmas with a nasty cold/runny/stuffy nose.  Poor Dylan seems to have gotten the brunt of all the sick bugs but I think we're finally seeing clear skies!
This last bout seemed to have me the most concerned.  A few days after coming home from CA Dylan started burning up with a crazy high fever, ranging anywhere from ~102.5-103.5.  He had woken up in the middle of the night but in my delirious state I just assumed that he was hot from being under his covers.  It wasn't until the morning that I checked his temp and saw that he was burning hot.  Poor guy!!!
But he didn't even complain.  I can only imagine how uncomfortable he felt but you would never guess.  He continued having high fevers from Wednesday through Saturday.  Sunday was the day that it finally broke.  I had taken him to the Dr. but all the tests came back negative (this was the one time I wished that it was another double ear infection or strep or the flu...at least a definite answer of some sort).  I even had to get urine test.  That was fun!  Alas, Sunday came and he was finally fever free.  Yahoo!!!!  But then a nice rash started to develop.
I remember Brooke doing the same thing (high fever and rash) and being diagnosed with roseola so I figured Dylan was in the same boat.  Not so much.
Monday morning I found him covered in hives.  Poor guy had no idea what was going on just that he was so uncomfortable and itchy.  I took him back in to the Dr. and was told that it was probably some nasty virus and this was how it was manifested.  Poor kid is like me.  I break out in hives after having a cold sometimes.  Sorry Bud!
With some help of Benadryl we were finally able to get him happy and comfortable.  We've now been sick free for over a week.  Let the celebration begin.  Just in time for someone's birthday!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy Dylan is finally free from all the discomfort. He sure is a trooper. It seems like he will start to walk soon. Watch out, Tracie and Troy! WuMom