Monday, November 30, 2015

October

October was the start of a 2 week Fall break for the kids.  I figured it was about time that I took Brooke to a hair salon to get an actual haircut.  I had no idea what she would want to do but offered her some suggestions.  Who knew that she would be up for chopping off 6 inches!  We all love it and it is so much easier to brush her hair now!  Yay!!
At the beginning of Fall break we headed to UT for a very quick weekend complete with golf cart rides.  Troy had a high school buddy pass away from bone cancer and we went to his funeral.  His friend, Clint, died 2 days before his 35th birthday leaving behind a wife and 3 kids.  The people that spoke at the funeral (including his wife) gave a beautiful tribute to a man who loved life, family, and the gospel.  Both Troy and I left the funeral feeling inspired and uplifted.
 


We made our paper chain counting down the days until Hong Kong/Tokyo.  Can't believe we're looking at less than 20 days from now.  Yikes!!!!  And Yahoo!!!!  We've been looking forward to this trip for so long that I can't believe it's here.

 The weather held up and friends invited Brooke and Connor to play at the reservoir.


I finally got a new pair of glasses.  The kids wanted to try some on for size.  I have a feeling that we're not too far away from seeing some specs on one of them.
Connor finished off another great soccer season.  The last game was a bit rainy and chilly but the kids did great.  I even think that his team went undefeated.  Go Monster Spiderbats!!!!

 
 
 
 
We also hit up the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  I love this zoo.  It was a beautiful day to go out and be amongst the animals.  Dylan was a little unsure of the giraffes and budgies. 


Troy's mom and Taylor came out the second week of Fall break and Troy and I headed south for a little getaway.  We hiked Manitou Springs Incline.  It was no joke.  About a 2000 ft inline made up of railroad ties in about less than 1 mile.  Then a nice 3 1/2 mile jog down the trail.  Our legs were screaming by the time we were done.
 
We also found a fun 1000 piece puzzle to do at the place we stayed at.  We were able to finish it and found that there's one piece missing.  Can you find where the piece should be?
Dylan has decided to show his independence starting with feeding himself.  On this particular morning I had an early piano lesson so I thought I'd try leaving him in the high chair and let him have at it.  I quickly discovered that he was more eager to feel the yogurt squish in his hand as opposed to eating it off the of the spoon.  Nevertheless he was a happy kid.

The kids made out like bandits this year especially at our ward trunk-or-treat.  I went through 3 bags of candy and still didn't have nearly enough for all the kids.  I even emptied out Dylan's basket into my bowl at one point.
I kept the donut tradition alive this year.  We had 2 fryers going and it made it so much faster to get them done. 

No comments: