As always CA never disappoints! It was beautiful weather and great fun spending time with family.
Saturday was the big family gathering. Unfortunately Dylan was sick with a high fever (102.4) so Troy helped him hold the fort down at my parents. The crazy thing was this nasty virus had hit all the kids earlier in the week. It spread through school like wildfire. One day Brooke only had 11 kids in her class and a sub! Despite Troy and Dylan not being able to partake in the festivities the gathering was still a ton of fun. I can't even guess how many people were there but I think every family was represented.
Monday we headed to the happiest place on earth. The last time we went was when I was pregnant with Dylan! It was a lot of fun to see the kids' excitement.
I got to hang out with the 3 littles while the big kids went on the big rides. It was actually nice and relaxing.
I even let Connor take the reins and drive on Autotopia. He actually didn't do too bad!
Coco even met up with us and was able to be the other adult.
I thought for sure that Brooke would love Space Mountain but she was not a fan. Bummer. We'll have to try that one again. She did love Indiana Jones and Matterhorn.
Another ride with the littles although I'm not sure where Dylan is in the pic. I think he fell asleep.
We got lucky in our timing to Disneyland. They brought back the Electrical Parade for a limited time. The kids loved it.
Dylan enjoyed his perch and probably had the best seat. His fever finally broke Sunday so he was able to enjoy the day.
Other highlights of the month:
For Brooke birthday last year she wanted to get her ears pierced. Every time I asked her if she wanted to go she would always say no. I would be nervous, too, about getting a hole poked in me! I figured she would let me know when she was ready. One Saturday afternoon we were out shopping and I casually asked if she wanted to get her ears pierced. She had a slight hesitation then said yes. I didn't even dare ask if she was sure. We headed straight to Claire's, picked out some earrings, and got her ears pierced. She was a trooper and didn't even whimper.
Dylan has decided that he's too good for naps in his bed so I've been finding him asleep on the couch usually while I'm teaching piano and before the older kids get home from school.Troy and I went to the Symphony at the Movies and watched Harry Potter. It was awesome and we highly recommend it. We already have tickets to see the third Harry Potter and I'm hoping to score tickets to see Jurassic Park next year.
The cats have taken advantage of my large belly and will cuddle with me if I allow it. Better enjoy it now!













No comments:
Post a Comment