So, I, Tracie admit that I have been a HUGE slacker in updating our blog. Not sure how so much time passed by but I'm making myself do it before we move!!!!!!
A couple weekends ago, Troy and I went to California. Will, Kristin, and Jason were down there so the whole family was able to be together. We had a blast and couldn't have asked for better weather. We left a bitter cold Denver (16 below) to the wonderfully sunny, at least 70 degree, California. Saturday, we got to meet up with my friend, Megan for lunch and then we, the whole family, headed down to Exposition Park and spent the rest of the day at the science museum. It was a lot of fun. Sunday, my mom's entire family came by. It was fabulous. Troy and I counted and there were 35 people there.
There would've been 45 if some of my cousins' kids weren't sick. Monday, Will had an itch to go disc golfing at a park so we did that right before our flight. The weather was fantabulous. It may have even reached the high 70s. Afterwards, Troy and I flew back to cold Denver.
At least we can say that last week was the first time in 9 weeks that it didn't snow. Hooray.
Last weekend, we packed pretty much the majority of our kitchen and bathroom and brought it down to the house. This weekend is our planned big move where we'll officially be out of the apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Packing is slow moving and it certainly doesn't help that I absolutely hate doing it. The only motivation that I have is that we'll be out of apartment living for a looooooong time, if not forever!!!!!!!!!! Another bit of good news, I got a new job. I got laid off almost a month ago from Oakwood due to the really sucky housing market. It hurt a bit but in the long run, it was for the best. I am now working for a commercial real estate investment company in the Denver Tech Center. Definitely a better commute for me. I thought I was done with the real estate market but I guess not.
Apparently, though, the commercial real estate market is doing pretty well. The company is pretty awesome. If you want to know of all the perks, you can give me a call sometime. :) Anywho, I think I've written enough and have caught up on the last 2 weeks. Next time we update the blog, we'll be in a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
Wow! Your really moving in! I so wish I could be in California right now! I'm excited to see your house when your all moved in, and believe me I know that takes awhile. I'm just now this weekend getting around to paiting our bedroom and bathrooms different colors. Something I though I would just do when we were "moving in". Well congrats on finding another job so quickly! I'll talk to you soon!
Good luck moving. Thats the worst part.
Yay, I'm excited for you 2 (3.5). I think you both will do a great job getting adjusted and putting everything together.
Post a Comment