Monday, December 10, 2007

It finally feels like Christmas

Maybe it was the early Thanksgiving, the exchange of presents with my family, or the warm weather in late November, but it wasn't really feeling like Christmas. That changed this weekend. Although not really Christmas related, we went to Olive Garden on Friday night, and they did have holiday wrappers on their after dinner mints. Then we watched 'The Transporter' that night. The movie is all right, but the main actress looks exactly like Tracie!!!

Saturday we got some snow that started as a dusting, then quickly escalated to a few inches by Sunday morning. We also had our Ward Christmas Party Saturday night. Dinner was good, but the program was better, mainly because Tracie and I played killer shepherds for the nativity scene (no really, killer, we had headbands that made us look like ninjas.)

Sunday we had the Community Inter-Faith Messiah Sing In. We chickened out at the end from singing in the choir, but it was fun singing with the congregation, along with Aaron, Robyn, and her friend Emily.
Lastly, as promised, here are pictures of our Christmas tree. Hard to find the right lighting.
We also got three plates of cookies tonight. It's that time of year!!!!

12 comments:

Kenz said...

Lookin' good! Snow makes it really feel like Christmas, which means we may have to come visit during the holidays in order for it to truly feel like Christmas for us!

Love you!!

Bacchus Family said...

Troy, your hat looks a little silly or is that because I can not see all of it. I guess whatever keeps your head warm.

Ware Family said...

is that a real tree?

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks much bigger now that it is inside your house.

Kristin said...

Cookies are always fun to get, but I do have to say I like eating my cookies the best.

Kristin said...

Hahaha, I just read Will's comment. Oh what a funny brother you have Tracie.

Anonymous said...

Hummm...Christmas treats from friends and nieghbors...yum! Okay, I need to go run a few miles, so I can eat more!

Anonymous said...

It is a real tree. From the local Home Depot.

Rachel said...

See Tracie...Told you the Transporter girl looks like you! You are famous! Your tree looks fantastic. I think I have already eaten two plates of cookies myself. What can I say...this little one likes sugar! It keeps her kicking me all day long.

Jen and Mark said...

Hey you two! We were so glad to hear from you. It has been crazy around our house, and we have been slackers about calling, but we need to get together after the holidays! It looks like you are doing awesome. We miss you!
The Mawhinney's

Elise and Lane said...

Merry Christmas! And next year you guys should totally go cut down your own Christmas tree! We did it the other year and it was a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I measured this morning and we have 8 inches of snow so far this year.