Saturday, April 05, 2008

100 things about me...part 2

50 Things about Troy...


1) I like spreadsheets.
2) I like numbers, as a kid in church I used to take two numbers, add them together, and then add that sum to the last number etc. (eg 4 +5 = 9, 5+9 = 14, 9+14=23).
3) In the two years I was single at BYU after my mission, I never went to a single stake conference. Not my fault BYU always played some sort of football or basketball game on the same weekend!
4) I wrestled my senior year in high school, mainly because Jeremy made the basketball team and I didn't want to get fat.
5) I weighed 170, but wrestled most of the year at 189 due to injuries.
6) I won 5 matches... 3 against the same kid.
7) When I was a sophomore and junior in high school I sang in a select choir called Evenstar. We caroled at DIA, the Pearl Street Mall, and sang the National Anthem at a Rockies' game.
8) I was at Coors Field for the only no-hitter ever thrown there by Hideo Nomo. It was worth waiting after the rain delay.
9) In fifth grade, our grade played the teachers in a kickball game. The whole school came out to watch, and in my at-bat, I tried to kick it so hard that I fell on my face. Luckily it went foul, so I had another chance to redeem myself, and I got a hit.
10) My parent's used to have this dried flower centerpiece with a fake blue bird. One night I was sick and had to take children's chewable tylenol, but since it tastes gross, so I stuck it into the middle of the centerpiece.
11) I take public transportation to work, buses and the light rail.
12) I have fallen asleep on more than one occasion and missed my stop.
13) I found the 'Marriott Militia' a BYU basketball fan club. We made our debut at San Diego State. BYU won. They haven't won there since.
14) I gave a shirt to President Merrill Bateman, Elder L. Tom Perry, and Elder Russell M. Nelson. Elder Perry waved it around his head after he got it.
15) Matt and I used to watch Battledome regularly freshman year of college...
16) ...shamefully, we also used to watch Jerry Springer.
17) Due to some urging from Sam Waddoups, Matt and I Nair'd our chests. Never again.
18) On my mission we met another set of Elders for a meal with a member family. We got on the elevator to go down to the lobby. We started heading down and noticed that the weight limit was 400 kilos. The other three said their weights, 125, 120, 110. Then they got to me, I said 75. They blamed me for pushing us over the limit. We had to pry open the doors at the lobby, and step up a good 6 inches to get onto the floor. Whoops!!
19) I tried growing a goatee in high school. My Young Men's leader made fun of me. Jeremy had a full dark goatee already!
20) Tracie out ate me on our first date.
21) Tracie and I spent our first Valentine's Day watching the NBA slam dunk contest and eating from the Wendy's dollar menu.
22) I took her to the symphony the following week.
23) My diet Freshman year consisted of: Hawaiian Punch, Bean Dip, Cheez Whiz, Pizza and Taco Sticks, Potato Wedges, Big Boppers, Tomasitos pizza, and thankfully the occasional home cooked meal from mom.
24) I secretly like the show 'So you think you can dance.'
25) When we were growing up in Draper, all the area around our house was just open fields. One day in the field across from our house, a neighbor had rented a pitching machine. We played all day, then came in for dinner. My parents had to run an errand, and the three of us boys were supposed to do the dishes before going out to play. We didn't, but I saw my parents driving down the road coming to our house. I sprinted across the road, started doing the dishes (I did like 2), and when they got home, Shane and Jeremy got in trouble, but not me!
26) I worked at Dairy Queen in high school.
27) I drove into a parked car in high school.
28) I worked at the BYU Laundry in college, and was on the "Rag Run" picking up dirty rags and mops from the custodial departments around campus and dropping off clean ones. One of my favorite stops was the Student Auxilary Building, since we usually got a donut.
29) We had different routes each day on the rag run, going to different buildings. During March, my co-worker and I devised a scoring system for each building, 15 points for each bag of rags, and 10 points for each mop. One week we ranked the teams 1-16 for each day (minus Friday), and then made a bracket, which we filled out over the next 6 weeks.
30) One of my husbandly duties is to open all Pillsbury biscuit containers, since it gives Tracie major anxiety (think Will Ferrell testing the Jack-in-the-box on Elf).
31) I was good at Math and Science in high school, so everyone told me I should be an engineer. I signed up for a lot of pre-engineering classes my freshman year. It took me two days to realize that I did not want to spend the next 5 years with those future engineers.
32) The first time I saw the ocean was on my mission. I saw it every day for two years!
33) The first time I swam in the ocean was in San Diego. I tried to run through a wave, and it knocked me over. It's a little stronger than a wave pool.
34) My family went with my Mom's family to Mt. Rushmore. I saved money for souvenirs. I spent most of it beating the arcade game 'Sunset Riders' which was in the lobby.
35) My favorite vacation was going to Hong Kong. Great sights, great food, great company, and great baked breakfasts.
36) I got suspended for a game my senior year when I left practice early (on Labor Day) to go to a Metallica concert.
37) As a youth, my favorite activities were always the service projects.
38) I am excited to have a girl, and hope that she ages from 0 to 12 and then just starts over at 0 again.
39) I took the ACTs again the fall of my senior year because I thought it would be fun.
40) I was a runner-up in Math for Sterling Scholar my Senior year of high school.
41) I have never been a fight in my life.
42) I play basketball with guys from my old ward every Wednesday night. One night there were only 3 or 4 guys there, so it got over early. Tracie asked why I was home so early and I told her I got in a fight. I think she believed me.
43) When we first moved back to Utah, the only thing Jeremy and I had to do was workout. I think we worked out for 2-3 hours a day. Even when two-a-days started for football we would go to practice in the morning, come home, eat, and then workout before practice in the afternoon.
44) I got to go to the Home Run Derby for free when it was at Coors Field, since we had a friend who worked for one of the radio stations in town.
45) I have absolutely no desire to run a marathon.
46) We ran a 5K two summers ago, I was in first place for a while, but then I got overtaken by a 12 year old girl...
47) ... ok, I admit, I sprinted out to the lead just so I could say that I was in first place at some point.
48) My favorite food is my mom's sugar cookies. They are dangerously easy to eat.
49) Tracie's dad is the best tour guide in LA. I strive to be like him here in Colorado.
50) The best book I ever read was Les Miserables. The unabridged version.

7 comments:

mbr said...

No need to air other people's dirty laundry too! (see #15-17)

Kenz said...

Those were fun to read. I learned new things about you and Tracie both... and Matt;)

Anonymous said...

I thought i wanted to be an engineer too, but mom told me some engineers in the ward and I haven't thought about being an engineer since

Will said...

#29 gets my vote. Very well done. I can't imagine you as an engineer.

Ware Family said...

You're such a nerd, but that's why we love you.

Kristin said...

Wow, I never knew. I think you were made to be an stats guy!

I don't think I can beat your top 50...

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Decided to check by your blog...reading about freshman year made me think about the time Tawni through hot chocolate on Matt. It was pretty funny, but boy was Matt pissed! And you probably should have added Soft Batch cookies to your list of survival foods!

Rachel (Smith) Keyser
keyserfamily.blogspot.com