Well, as many of you know, Troy has been in Washington DC for the past 5 days and lucky for me, my parents flew me out to Salt Lake for the weekend so I wouldn't be alone for so long. I left Friday afternoon headed towards the airport. I stopped at my old work and had lunch with an old co-worker. For those of you who don't know me, I hate waiting at the airport especially if Troy's not with me so I decided to wait until the very last minute to make my way there. I pulled into the airport parking lot at 3:10 pm. My flight was at 3:50 pm and the parking lot is a good 10 min. away. Luckily I was already checked-in but I had wanted to check in a bag. Having not read my ticket stating that bags need to be checked in 45 mins. prior to the flight I had to throw away my lotion, face wash, and shaving cream. Oh well, I was in a hurry and trying to book it as fast as I could. I got through security around 3:40ish, hopped on the train to take me to my concourse. Having checked my flight earlier in the morning to make sure it was on-time I could have sworn the gate I would be boarding at was B27. I got off the train and ran to gate B27 to find that the door was closed but the plane was still there. (Mind you, I'm 6 months pregnant and lugging my 20+ lbs. carry-on. I'm sure it was a sight to see.) I decided to check the screens to make sure that I had the right gate. Why I didn't check when I first got to the airport, I don't know but it came back to bite me. I was supposed to be at gate B46 which is on the other side of the concourse. I probably had about 7 minutes left to get to my plane so I start running again but thinking that there was no way I would be able to run fast enough so I stopped one of those cart-driving people and asked for a lift. While I was catching my breath we passed a set of screens and it had said that the flight was closed. I thought "how could it be closed? Two seconds ago it said that it was 'now boarding'" So I asked the lady to step on it. We got to my gate and I was about to jump off while it was slowing down when I saw that the door was open. The ticket guy asked if I was Tracie, I said yes. I was the very last passenger on the plane, right behind the pilot. Let me tell you, I have learned my lesson and will never complain about waiting at the airport.
All in all, I had a great weekend. My parents drove up from CA for the weekend and I stayed with them at their new townhouse in Cedar Hills. I flew in around dinner time and we ate at the Chinese restaurant we always go to. It was delicous. Saturday, we headed down to Will and Kristin's for lunch then out to look at fabrics for the baby. There really isn't a whole lot out there or maybe it's just because I do not have a creative bone in my body and can't imagine how things will look. I found some prints that I like but I'm not 100% settled on it. Hey, I've got time right... That night, my mom made dinner for the family and my cousin's family. She's actually due a month before me but I feel like I'm so much bigger than she is. It was great seeing them. Sunday, we went to church then out to dim sum then to the airport. I was there with an hour to spare. So much nicer being able to walk instead of run. Thanks mom and dad, and Will and Kristin for a great weekend!!!!! Troy comes home tonight. He took the camera so he'll be posting pictures of all the fun stuff he's been able to do.
P.S. As for the dreaded glucose test, it actually wasn't too bad. I think my biggest fear was that the drink would be ridiculously sweet and I can't handle ridiculously sweet stuff. The drink was coke flavored and heavily carbonated. I would have preferred root beer but the carbonation helped it go down. The glucose test came back fine although I'm slightly anemic. It's nothing to worry about. I just have to start taking iron supplements. I have also started scheduling my 2 week visits. I can't believe that it's really right around the corner!
7 comments:
It sure was nice to talk about the book with someone. I hope that you enjoy the rest of the book. Hang in there the middle and end are the best past. :) But then again I am such a romantic sucker.
I made it through even with out the syrup, but since I read Troy's blog earlier, it looks like he won't have many pics either!
I would have loved to see you running down the concourse prego with a huge bag of luggage. I am glad you didn't hurt yourself. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.
Ok, so where is this Chinese place? I am trying to find a good Chinese restaurant anywhere in UT county/SLC and I haven't found one yet!
I wonder what the baby was thinking swishing around in there while you were headed to your gate! Gotta love airport adventures!
Jenna, I don't know which Chinese restaurnt Tracie is referring to, but there is an excellent one in SLC called Golden Pheonix. Wendy and I stumbled across it last year and have returned everytime we want Chinese food. It is located on State Street at about 10th South (maybe a block or two further south) on the west side of the road. Come to think if it, I need to go one more time before we move to San Diego in two weeks!
The restaurant is called Cafe Ahn Hong. It is located in Salt Lake on State St past the community college and Macdonalds. I think it is in the phone book.
Post a Comment