Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to Bean!!

(It's a horrible pic of me. The guy didn't say when he was going to take the pic.)
I would have to say that we had quite the productive weekend. Saturday morning I woke up at 4:45 to go to the bathroom and proceeded to stay awake. Since the sun comes up at the butt crack of dawn, meaning that it's nice and light by 5:45, I decided that I would finish the book that I had been reading. I finished it around 7:15 then took a little cat nap and woke up at 8:00. Troy and I decided to head out to breakfast for a pre-Mother's day meal to IHOP. I was pretty good. Then we headed over to Lowe's and bought a weed wacker, seeds for our garden, and picked paint samples for the baby's room. Picking paint colors is not a very easy task so luckily we headed over to Robyn and Aaron's for her birthday fun so she could help me out. We went out to dinner with some of her in-laws to Cinzetti's. Cinzetti's has got to be the best Italian food buffet ever. Afterwards the rest of Aaron's brother headed down to their apartment where we head cake, cupcakes, and ice cream. It was delicious.
Sunday was Mother's day and Troy treated me by letting me sleep in and catch up on the sleep I missed out the day before. Then he made me waffles for breakfast. Mmmm. The youth in our ward, every mother's day, makes boutinneires (?) for the guys to buy and help out with whatever they're trying to fundraise for. Well, I'm not a huge fan of wearing flowers and Troy knows that but we decided that it's a lose/lose situation because if he doesn't buy one then it looks bad because he didn't get one for me and he's not supporting the youth so I gave in and pinned one on. I just don't like the hole that it leaves when you take it off. Anywho, we only had 6 kids as opposed to our usual 10-13 kids for primary so I think the mothers of our primary class decided to pitch in and give me a nice a relief for mother's day. :) All in all it was a great day with great weather. It's hard to believe that this time next year I'll actually be a real mom. Yikes!!!!!

3 comments:

Ware Family said...

If you're growing a baby, peeing 3 times a night, throwing up (or have thrown up), weigh 25 pounds extra, and can't get comfy enough to sleep, I call that being a REAL Mom!
Happy Mother's Day Tracie!

(The difference between this Mother's Day and next is that next year, Troy will be doing all the work!)

Anonymous said...

I miss that Cinseeti place. It is an aweome Italian buffet place. For our gift this year, we have drawings of the primary kids shrunk to fit on a piece of paper and a piece of chocolate. It is quite meaningful.
Traice looks great in RED!!!
Wu mom

Emily said...

How far along are you guys now? Tracie you look so cute pregnant! It's good to see you two are doing well-we miss you guys!