Sunday, June 21, 2009

What to Do When Mommy and Daddy Aren't Looking

While I was in the shower and Troy was at his morning meeting for church Brooke decided to do this
And while I was getting dressed she did this
Brooke has also become out little Houdini. She has somehow figured how to open our screen door. We have never seen her do it but when we finally notice she's usually already out the door and on the deck. Luckily Lexie has decided not to follow suit. I think she's just waiting to see if Brooke will get in trouble. I've tried to get her escape on video but alas after several attempts I got absolutely nothing. Except for a picture of her out on the deck enjoying her newfound freedom. Hopefully this isn't a foreshadow of her teenage years.
In other news our garden are starting to produce some produce. We have one green pepper and a few tomatoes. Our snow peas are looking pretty good as well as our cantelope and zucchini. Our green beans have seen better years but I guess this is to be expected since our seeds are 2 years old. Our strawberries are done supplying us with strawberries. Either that or the robins have been having a field day eating all of them.
Here's a pic of a pretty columbine that's in our new flowerbed.
I finally finished a project that I've been working on FOREVER. Ifound the instructions to making a tote bag off of a JoAnn's Fabric's newsletter and thought it would be fun to make a pool bag. The instructions noted that this project was for someone that had some sewing experience and it would take approximately 3 hours to make. My friend, Stacie, so graciously agreed to help me make this bag and after many, many (definitely more than 3 hours, maybe 9) hours of cutting, pinning, and sewing, here is the final product. Thanks Stacie for all your help!!!!!!!! We also got to visit Aaron, Robyn, and Taylor. It had been a good month since we last saw them and little Taylor has chubbed up. Robyn even made the comment that she thinks little Taylor's thighs are bigger than Brooke's. I just told her it's because Brooke can exercise now. Brooke had fun with Taylor's toys. We're working on teaching her how to share but luckily Taylor didn't mind.
I kind of miss the days where I could feed Brooke and she would hold still the whole time. It's been a great week and an even better day today seeing as it's Father's Day. Brooke and I made Troy some breakfast and got him some fun presents including a new Rand McNally Atlas, BBQ scrubber, a pair of Crocs for Brooke that Troy is really excited to see her in, and a little screwdriver set. Happy Father's Day Troy. Thanks for being so great.

7 comments:

Jyll said...

Those first 2 pictures of Brooke sure look familiar. Not because of Curren (who still is not crawling), but of my two older boys. Fun times ahead. You'll be cleaning up quite a few messes:).

Ware Family said...

Brooke sounds just like her cousins Kate and Ellie!
Did you get my text? Thanks so much for the lotion, I am loving it.
Happy Father's Day Troy!

Unknown said...

And MANY more messes to come!! You get to the point when you say "what's the point of cleaning up?? They'll just get it all back out in 2 seconds!!" The day will come when we miss those messes....

**Love the pool bag; great job!

Tandi

Kenz said...

Hey, at least she's cute, though messes are not. Samara has those same cute citrus PJs. Sometimes I'll see pictures of Brooke or the twins wearing some of the same outfits that my girls have. They probably have a lot more matching outfits between them than we all realize. Very fun!

ashley g. said...

Your little Brooke is all growed up!! And what a sweet girl to help you reorganize anything and everything. What a fabulous helper.

Hope that you are doing well! Miss you guys!

Jared said...

Hey guys! Troy, you had mentioned a number of months back that your family wanted some family pictures this summer. Are you still interested? We have a few openings in June and left and some in July. If you don't need them any longer then no problem. Hope you guys are doing great!

Shane said...

Columbine---sounds like a state flower!!