Monday, November 02, 2009

Ooh...This Is Halloween

It feels like the end of October quickly crept up on us. As you can tell from our previous post, Denver got dumped on for a good 3 days. I think by the end of the storm we got close to 2 ft. of snow. All bundled up but can't play in the snow since we don't have snow boots yet. I'm sure there will be many more opportunities to come in the near future.But never you worry, Saturday and Sunday were in the upper 50s so there was also a lot of melting. The forecast for the end of the week even has us in the upper 60s so I would venture to say that the snow will be gone by week's end.
Troy's family came this past weekend to celebrate Troy's b-day and Halloween. The came in Thursday night and luckily the roads were pretty decent for them. Friday morning, the boys played out in the snow for a good couple of hours. The gals much preferred to stay warm so we stayed inside. Although I'm sure Brooke would have had a lot of fun sledding in our backyard. That night, Troy's parents and us went to see Wicked and it was wickedly entertaining. We had dinner beforehand at the Rialto Cafe then enjoyed the musical from our balcony seats. It was fantastic and I would definitely go see it again.
Saturday was a very busy day. We did a bit of shopping in the morning and Troy's little bros lucked out by getting new phones and being added onto our plans. (And they said that they had done all there was to do in CO). That afternoon we finally got around to carving our pumpkin. We originally had 2 but one of them was a little squishy from the crazy weather that we decided to leave it on the porch. I think our pumpkin turned out pretty good but unfortunately no pics were taken of it. :( Boo. The night before, our friends, the Steeles, took Brooke to our ward's trunk-or-treat and it was a great warm-up for Halloween night. Brooke was all set to go and knew what to expect. She didn't even let go of her bucket at all while we were out. Here she is checking out her loot. I would say we definitely fared well in the candy department. All in all, it was a fun and sugar filled weekend.

10 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Whelp Brooke wins for cutest little lady bug this year! Adorable! Wicked looked like fun. Cool that Troys family could come out for a visit.

Kristin said...

Holy Cow that is a lot of snow. I am gald that we haven't hit that quite yet...

Kenz said...

This is hilarious because I originally ordered the ladybug costume for Scarlett, but it fit Lulu much better. So, Scarlett will be a ladybug next year. It really is a cute costume.

brett said...

(And they said that they had done all there was to do in CO). Don't even try to include me in this.

Kali said...

Wow. All that snow would make one think you are in AK:) And hurray for Wicked! We will be seeing it in 22 days here in Kansas City. Can't wait!

Your little bug is adorable!

Will said...

Cute ladybug costume.

Erin said...

The ladybug is adorable, as usual. Happy late birthday Troy!

Tracy Giles said...

She makes a very cute ladybug!

Jenna said...

What a little cutie! I will admit, I am kinda jealous that we haven't gotten ANY snow to stick. It just looks so pretty! However I am not driving in it so maybe I'm admiring from a far....

Tandi Davis said...

I seriously can't believe that snow!! Brooke is the cutest ladybug ever.