Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cookies, cookies, cookies, and recipes too

This past week has been a busy one for me. I participated in my first and possibly last cookie exchange. (I only say last because I don't like having to bring home the same amount of cookies I brought) 16 ladies participated but luckily the gal hosting said that we would only need to bring a half dozen per lady. Phew but that's still a lot of cookies to bake. Luckily I've got a trusty baker husband that can roll out 9 dozen cookies with no problem. I only mention that Troy baked/made the cookies because I was busy putting together our ward's Relief Society's holiday cook book. At the time I volunteered to do it I had no idea what I would be getting myself into but after a lot of hours all 118 cookbooks are printed, assembled, and bound. Troy has been a huge help in keeping me sane this past week. Thanks love!!!!!




6 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Half dozen EACH? Wow! When we do it it's 12 ladies and we each make about 12-24 cookies... so everyone takes home one or two. That is STILL 12-18 cookies for each person :) Husbands are the best when they pitch in like that.

That cook book looks so cute!

Kay said...

Troy is a great guy! That's a lot of cookies, maybe you should freeze a bunch for a later date!

Kristin said...

I freeze the cookies and bring them out at a later time. And like Mickie said I usually have them bring 2 dozen. I enjoy it though :)

The cook books look really cute!

Kenz said...

Wow! Nice work Tracie! The cookbook looks really cute. We are excited to see you guys in just a couple of weeks.

Ware Family said...

WOW, that's a lot of work, especially for a pregnant lady. I take the easy way out and host a Christmas party at my house for the whole street so I am not baking or receiving 8 dozen cookies, ha ha!
It would be nice to sample all the different kinds though....

californiacheryl said...

congratulations on the new baby!
where can i get one of the delectable cookbooks? i love to try new recipes!