Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Uncle Taylor

I know that I'm a day early but hey, it's better to be a day early than day late, right?! Anyway, Troy's brother, Taylor, and mom came up for the weekend so we could hang out with Taylor before he leaves in a few weeks. Given my current state, I'm glad that they were willing to make the trip out here because I know for sure I won't be going anywhere. Since Brooke found out that Uncle Taylor would be coming and that his birthday was right around the corner, for 2 days straight she sang this:
Some other things that we did while Uncle Taylor and grandma were here were: Dust off the good 'ol Wii Fit and burned some calories.Good thing Brooke doesn't understand age or she might just have been offended that her Wii Fit age was 32. I also decided that it probably isn't a good thing for me to play competitive video games while 9 months pregnant. The baby wasn't too happy with me and definitely let it be known. Troy, Taylor, and I were also able to hit up a Rockies game. We went to dinner beforehand at a place called the D Bar. It was muy delicioso and I would highly recommend it to anyone. Thanks Stephanie for the telling us about it. Afterwards we headed to Coors Field. Besides the really obnoxious loud group behind us and the loss it was a fun night and makes me look forward to games in the summer.

Lastly, my friend, Kristin, who is an ultrasound tech was so kind to do a 4D ultrasound on our little guy. As you can tell, he's got quite the chubby cheeks already. She guesstimated that he's already 6 lbs. 1 oz. and I've still got 4 1/2 weeks left. Yowza!!!!! I'm really, really hoping that I'm not going to be birthing a 8 lb baby. I might just have to convince my doctor that I need to have the baby a lot sooner than later.

7 comments:

Troy said...

I'm hoping sooner rather than later as well. Can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks!

Will said...

Haha, that's awesome in many ways. I hope he comes soon!

Mickie and Matt said...

You can do it! The last few weeks are the worst part I think... I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy too. I bet Brooke is going to be an AWESOME sister, she is just darling!

Happy Birthday to Taylor (Is he going on a mission? Where is he headed?)

Kay said...

Cute little singer!

Your Rockies are doing great, but I hope they loose tonight and the next two after that. Then they can start winning again. ;)

Jenna said...

Cute video! Brooke is just a doll!

Elise and Lane said...

Yeah for Chubby babies! I was way worried about my little (big) guy the last few weeks also, and if it makes you feel any better he ended up being 9lbs 6 oz. and delievered in under an hour!! Oh wait. That might not really make you feel better. But he was oh so cute, with his chubby little cheeks!

Kenz said...

You know I love those cheeks!!!!!