Monday, June 13, 2011

Does anybody know where the past month has gone???? Conner is officially 1 month and 1 day today.I can't believe we've made it to 1 month and we're all doing well. A bit sleep deprived but we're still great. Brooke has managed to keep herself busy and entertained. I have to say that she has been a rockstar during this transition. We've had our meltdowns but for the most part she has been doing great. The best part...she's still potty trained. I feared that she would regress in that area but she's dry as whistle 99.9% of the time.
At the end last summer I bought the inflatable pool knowing that our trips to the pool this summer would be limited.
Unfortunately she learned the hard way the reason why we don't dump freezing cold water on our heads. Brooke's lips were blue by the time she was done playing.




I've noticed that since Connor was born, Brooke has been taking Bear everywhere. I guess he's her best pal. The other day I was feeding Connor and Brooke said that Bear was hungry also. She proceeded to lift her shirt and put Bear right up to her belly button. Brooke still has her sense of humor and loves to be silly. I think she gets that from her dad.


The other day I was out running errands and Brooke fell asleep on the way home. As I carried her to bed I realized that she's not so little anymore. She turns 3 in less than 2 months. Crazy. With all that has changed in the last month, she has been a trooper and been really patient with me. We love you, Brookie!!!

5 comments:

Will said...

Brooke gets her silliness from Troy because YOU are the serious one??? Haha.

Troy said...

If our blowup pool was a waterpark destination, that picture of Brooke would be on the front page of our brochure/website!

Ware Family said...

Tracie, it's funny how both your kids look so much like you, just in really different ways. I sometimes laugh that Easton is really my kid because he looks nothing like me! Your pool looks fun--our fun kiddie pool died last year when Shane slid down the slip n slide so fast he went THROUGH the seam in the side of the pool, ha ha! I got a new, bigger one, but it's not fun like the last one. hmmmm, maybe we will have to come over the 4th after all...

Kristin said...

FYI they actually have pool covers for small pools, so the next day it is warm and it also doesn't have all of the debri in it.

Jenna said...

She is such a good big sister! Addison did the same thing except her pal is a dog. She never had to have him every time she slept but she does now. But its cute. Glad you made it through a month! That means you'll make it the rest of the way. :)