Monday, December 12, 2011

Trouble

I spoke too soon about wanting Connor to figure things out.  As of last Wednesday he has been cruising around all over the place and definitely wanting to go places that he's not allowed to go to.  ie)laundry room where the kitty litter is.  Wouldn't that be a fun day for him.
He is way ahead of schedule compared to how Brooke was. I know you're not supposed to compare kids but I wasn't expecting a mobile child until 7 1/2 months at least. Not before 7 months...although he is 7 months today.



It's a good thing that Christmas is right around the corner.  Connor has started looking a bit bored with the toys he has right now.
 Speaking of Santa, we had our ward's Christmas party last Friday.  It was a lot of fun until it was time to meet Santa.  I suppose I should have done a better job in prepping Brooke but I thought she'd do fine.  Even when we were waiting in line to see him she was getting impatient and wanted to see him right then.  When it came time for our turn she would have none of it and even tried to crawl away. 
Connor on the other hand was a champ at the whole thing.  Maybe Brooke can learn a thing or two...
There has been a lot of this going on lately.  It's kind of funny.  Lexie has been dubbed as the mean cat.  Squishy has the nice cat.  But I can definitely say that Lexie is the more obedient cat and Squishy is just plain naughty.  She still hasn't quite figured out to stay away from the Christmas tree.
She has figured out to run for it when the squirt bottle comes out to play.
Now that Connor is moving around he pretty much wants to be wherever Brooke is.  It's cute, I must say, and for the most part Brooke enjoys it...until he tries to grab a toy she's been playing with. 
All in all, I love how they love each other.  Brooke can get Connor to smile and laugh more times than me.
Lastly, for those that want the basement update...we've got textured walls.  If you're never been around newly textured walls I will just tell you that the stuff they spray on smells AWFUL!!!!!!!  My goodness!  And it doesn't help that last week was pretty cold so we couldn't open windows to air out the space.  We also have doors and trim up but I forgot to take a picture of it.  You'll just have to wait until next week!

3 comments:

Will said...

I always find it funner once the little ones get mobile. Good luck keeping them out of the kitty litter and the tree.

Troy said...

Love the shot of the two of them playing together.

Kristin said...

I love when they can crawl around and entertain themselves! All though that is when the major fighting happens :)