Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Almost There!

We're just 2 days shy of Connor turning 11 months!  In honor of actually being early for something, albeit a blog post, here's a video of things he can do.
He's also starting to stand all on his own.  The other day, he and Brooke were playing in the front room and all of a sudden we heard Brooke yell "he's standing hisself, he's standing hisself!"  She was able to be the first to witness it and she knew that it an exciting milestone.
Just realized that I mentioned this in the last post.  Oops! 
He's a much better eater than Brooke ever was and still is. 

 Watch out!!!!!

Obligatory Easter Family pic.  Nevermind that Troy and I are already in comfy clothes.
Hunting for all 32 eggs!!!  Not sure how she's gonna feel when she has to share the eggs next year.

Haha!!!!  I've got all the eggs!!!!!
We took a trip to the Denver Aquarium yesterday.  Luckily I had a deal in going and spent $12 for Brooke and I.  Not sure I would spend more than that...In fact, if you want to save yourself some $$$$$ then here's a quick tour...
Brooke standing in front of the Colorado wildlife exhibit.  Here are some trout.
We even got to see some real mermaids.  They taught us about recycling and throwing away our trash.  Even trash in CO can end up in the ocean.  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Pictures doesn't do it justice but here's a 400 lb. grouper.  Humongous and very sluggish.  Surprised it could fit in between the rocks.
A pretty looking leopard sting ray.
As you enter the rainforest it gets a little loud with all the "birds".  There was also a sleeping tiger in the exhibit.
No aquarium would be complete without Dory and Nemo.
Because the Denver Aquarium is a touristy spot a nice Italian gentleman took a pic for us.  How did I know he was Italian...he said grazi.
Cool looking Lionfish.  Fun fact:  Did you know that lionfish are infesting the waters off the Florida coast.  Beware!
Didn't catch the name of this fish but I think it's cute.  It kind of looks like a giant puffer fish.
Here's an ugly wolf eel.
In the desert exhibit there is a demonstration of a torrential downpour leading to flash flooding.  Connor wasn't sitting far enough away.  Oops!
 This concludes your tour.  I except tips in any form...cookies, candy, cupcakes, free babysitting...

After visiting the aquarium we met up with Troy for lunch at a cute place called Mona's.  
I just like that Brooke left her mark on the chalkboard above.
After lunch we headed to Troy's work.  This was a first time on daddy's shoulders.  He loved it!!!!
Someone's ready to take over!!!!  Better watch out, Pat!
Yesterday was the Rockie's home opener.  You can zoom and see the packed Coors Field.  Brooke was doing a little boogie.
A cool view from a bridge looking at Troy's building.
We had swim lessons today.
Brooke is getting better at blowing bubbles.
 And floating on her back.
Doesn't she look so cute in her swim gettup.
The two other girls (twin sisters) that were in her class weren't having it today so Brooke pretty much had a private lesson. 
Just wanted to include another cute pic of Connor.  Gotta love this kid!!!!

1 comment:

Will said...

Private lessons rule! Glad that our kids love fishes so much to be good swimmers.