This whole month of June seems like it's been a blur. We started the month off with my semi-annual piano recital. My kids did awesome and it's great to see them progress. We're finally getting into some exciting songs and I think the kids are starting to show enthusiasm for what they can accomplish.
We headed up to the Powell's to celebrate London's b-day. Seems like the kids were way more intrigued with the new toy then actually celebrating.Can't believe that a year ago we were celebrating the births of these two. Crazy how quickly time passes.
Last week was girls' camp for me. It was kind of crazy and hectic leading up to it but I had a lot of fun with these girls.
Kind of weird to think that I'm old enough to be leading these girls. I realized that one of the sweatshirts that I had brought up was older than some of the beehives. Yikes!!!!One of the most memorable experiences from camp was watching the 4th (15yrold) years yike in from their 3 day hike. They started Tuesday morning and hiked through parts of San Isabel National Forest and finishing off hiking into our camp. They hiked approx. 30 miles in 3 days carrying 30-40 lb. packs. To see them hike in was a pretty emotional experience especially knowing that some were super nervous and not confident that they would be able to accomplish such a thing.
After they hiked in, we celebrated their arrival with a board breaking ceremony. The girls and leaders had made a board that listed their goals on one side and the obstacles they'd run into on the other side. The girls then karate chopped their way through the obstacles to reach their goals.. It was pretty cool to see their reactions once they realized that they had done it. Trust me...very emotional.
The whole week was fabulous and for the past 2 days since I've been home I've had camp songs running through my head. Every time I start singing one Brooke just stares at me like a crazy woman.
Life at home is starting to get back to it's normal routine...
Like Brooke drawing on her door.
Then learning what the use of a Magic Eraser is for.
Reading in the reading corner.Trying to survive the triple digit heat. We'll probably be making a record tomorrow with 5 consecutive days of record breaking heat in the low 100s.
We've had a fabulous month but the crazy/busy-ness isn't over yet. Stay tuned for more summer fun!!!!!
2 comments:
Love Connor's smile in his last pic. Seems like a curious little guy. Hope Kristin enjoys girls' camp half as much as you did.
I am sure it would be rewarding for your former girl's camp leaders to read this blog. Keep up your youthful spirit.
Post a Comment