Monday, August 20, 2012

Firsts and More

Brooke started her first day of preschool 2 weeks ago.  She loved it except for the end of the day when she wasn't able to stand next to her friend and got mad.  Typical Brooke but she was fine the next day.  I'm thinking preschool will be a very good thing for her.
Connor has started snuggling with me and I love it!!!!!!  He's still squirmy 99% of the time but I love the rare moments when he'll lay his head on me.
We may have the first Olympian on either the Ware/Wu side.  I think she's trying to channel her inner Missy Franklin. 
This isn't the first but there was a first of many at one time.  She's starting to not nap in the afternoons anymore but luckily she'll still do quiet time in her room.  Every so often I'll find her fast asleep on her floor.
I ran my first Warrior Dash on Saturday, tutu and all.
Pre-race=clean
Post-mud/race=10 lbs. heavier
The race was a blast.  I did this as a very mild test run for the Tough Mudder in October.  If the TM is anything like this it'll be a breeze but we all know that the TM is much more difficult.  The good news: the obstacle I thought was a little intimidating wasn't in the least and I could actually pull myself up the wall so maybe I really don't need all the arm strength...who are we kidding?

And More:

The weather has finally started to cool down.  As in the low 80s.  It's been fabulous.  The kids love to go outside and play. 

Connor is now 15 months old.  Can't believe how fast the last 3 months have gone.  I know I say it everytime but seriously this summer just whizzed by us.  I'll admit though I'm kinda excited for fall and winter and all the holidays. 
His stats from his dr. appt. are:
Weight: 22 lbs. (15%)
Height: 31 in. (45%)
Head: 18 3/4 in. (62%)
Connor's favorite word is more.  
He loves his food.  He even knows where his snacks are and will go to that corner of the kitchen, point, and say dah.
 He notices every detail and will pick up the tiniest of things.
 Starting to develop the same love for books that Brooke has.
Loves, loves, LOVES the water.  Caught him the other day on the other side of the cul-de-sac sitting in the gutter water splashing.
He's definitely all boy and always full of energy.  We love it!!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Looks like a ton of fun! And i am excited you are in YW's. They were just testing you with girls camp. I guess you passed :) If you come up with any fun activities pass them on.