To help cap off our summer we decided to visit the Denver Nature & Science Museum with Coco and Auntie Jojo. Only pic I got was of Connor in front of the big brown bear.
Brooke was a fan of all the dioramas and running all over the place. Connor also liked the freedom. He konked out before we even got ouf of the parking lot.
We also hit up our community preparedness fair. Brooke got to check out the ambulance and fire trucks that were on hand.
We also got to see the helicoptor take off. Well, kind of...once it started to lift off it kicked up a bunch of sand and grit that we had to turn away. It was still pretty cool.
Brooke thought it was pretty cool to sit in the driver's seat of the fire truck.Over the summer Connor finally conquered the stairs. He actually did it while we were at Will and Kristin's house. Thank goodness they have a split level house and wherever Connor wanted to be he had to figure out how to do the stairs. He's a master now.
With the crazy hail storm we had at the beginning of summer we weren't sure how our garden would fare.
By the looks of it, not too shabby. We planted 6 pumpkin seeds this year. All took but 5 were destroyed by the hail. This one pumpkin plant has at least 11 pumpkins on it and I wouldn't be surprised if more are going to pop up.
Our beans are doing well, finally!!! After 2 years of being without them because the soil we used was too rich we decided to just plant them in CO fine soil and they took. Yay!!!!
Our 2 watermelon plants came out of nowhere. They took forever to come up but once they did it was off and running. The 3 weeks that we were crazy busy with reunions this watermelon tripled in size.
I definitely thought we had lost our herbs but with much patience and watering they've all come back accept for the cilantro.
We were able to use our herbs for this delicious recipe, spaghetti in garlic gravy with herbs and lemon marinated chicken and cherry tomatoes. I love being able to go out to the garden to pick my herbs.In all my free time since we've been back I also managed to knock this out one afternoon. I'd like to take all the credit for it but it couldn't have been done without my friend, Stacie. Without her expertise I would have stuck at step one. It's fabulously big and will be perfect for the pool.
Now it's off to shuttling one kid to preschool during the week, piano lessons, mutual on Wednesday nights (just got called to be YW first counselor and Troy's the YM second counselor), etc. Let the craziness begin!!!
1 comment:
Glad your days went back to lazy! Ours just went back to crazy. I LOVE that bag. Pretty please will you show me how to do it?
Post a Comment