Monday, September 10, 2012

September?!

Where did the summer go?  Oh yeah, it was a crazy one.  Luckily we've finally gotten back into the groove of things.  It seems like August was the month to grow and learn new things.

Brooke has been asking me often to teach her how to play the piano.  I was hesitant about many things...a)would she actually listen to me? b)How in the world do I break it down for a barely 4-year old? c)do I have enough patience to do it d)does Brooke have enough patience to actually learn.  The list could go on but I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go.  I figured I would teach her the basic basics and we'd go from there. 
Connor has been proving to me that I can't really not keep an eye on him at all times.  He's figured out how to get to higher places.  He's still unsure of how to get down though.
But who can get angry at a face like that.  He's always ready and willing to throw out a smile.
Brooke is becoming quite the fish in the pool.  We started doing private swim lessons last Friday and I think she'll benefit from it greatly.  I definitely benefit from it...it's free...as in I traded piano lessons with her teacher. 
We spent Saturday hanging out with Jonathan.  We trying to get in as much time with him before he finishes school here.  We haven't told Brooke that he'll be moving back to CA but it'll be a sad day when we do.
 Maybe we can somehow convince him that CO is where he wants to be...

3 comments:

Will said...

That's great that she's learning to play piano! Good luck to her.

Kristin said...

Looks like a fun September so far!

Tracy Giles said...

I've been so bad at checking blogs lately. Looks like things are going well for you guys. You have such a cute family :)