A quick catch up of the last couple of weeks:
Two weekends ago Brooke and Troy had a campout in the backyard. Probably the last time we'll be able to do it this season as the fall weather has moved in in the evenings and mornings and it's quite cool out.
It's always fun to "help" dad set up the tent
|
| Ready to call it a night after a campfire and smores. |
| Connor wanted in on the action so he was there for the wakeup call. |
Last Monday was a nice cool day so the kids and I headed up to the zoo. Perfect day to go. Great weather; not too warm/not too cold and it wasn't crowded.
Hanging out by the cheetahs. A lady stopped by and asked if I wanted to be in the picture so there's proof that I'm actually at things. So nice of her.
| The obligatory pic in front of the penguin. I love the I have one of these every year. I guess you can consider it her growth chart. |
| Loving and wishing she could be a flamingo. |
| The Denver Zoo has a new exhibit that allows us to be closer to elephants. This is as close as she wanted to be. |
| Connor loved the freedom to run around and climb up to see things. |
Besides the zoo we've been hanging out here.
Preschool has been a blast for Brooke. She loves doing all the arts & crafts at Miss Terri's. She already knew her shapes but she loved making her new friends, Cindy the circle, Ricky the rectangle, Ollie the oval, Tilly the triangle (or Troy if you ask her), and Sally the square.
I pulled out the kids fall/winter clothes and Troy was neck deep in laundry. He loved every minute of it!
I've managed to keep the kids busy enough that I've tucker them out. Gotta love nap/bed time.
In honor of our Tough Mudder coming up in less than 2 weeks, I'm channeling my inner gibbon in hopes that it'll help me cross the monkey bars.
No comments:
Post a Comment