Monday, October 01, 2012

Happy Birthday to...

My Dad!!! My parents flew over last week to celebrate both my dad's and my birthday.
I just realized that I never took a picture of the delicious fresh California Orange Cake I made for my dad.  It was delicious!!!  Much better than the Raspberry Lemon Coconut Cake I made for Brooke's birthday.  Now I just need to find a cake to made for Troy's birthday at the end of this month.  I'm sure anything with pumpkin will do.
If you notice in the pic above we all have our lips puckered in hopes that Connor will copy and blow out the candle.  I think Brooke got to it before he did.
My mom fashioned a paper skirt and hair bow from the gift wrap for Brooke to prance around in.  She loved it and has been wanting to do a fashion show every day since.
 We drove up to Breckinridge to check out the fall colors.  Absolutely gorgeous.
We also drove through Hoosier Pass and had to grab a quick picture before all the old people from the tour bus got to the sign.  Good thing we're still spry and fit!
Our attempt at a family pic.  Connor has gotten to the point that he's now dubbed Mr. Squirmy Pants.  This kid is crazy active.  I couldn't get him to sit still so jumping up for the picture had to suffice.
After 5 1/2 years of living here I have finally hiked the Rock.  Kind of sad to say that it's taken this long but it's a great "hike" for the kids to do so we may have to do it more often instead of waiting every 5 years.
Connor was determined to hike by himself but if we had let him I think we'd still be trying to hike back down to the car!
It was a great birthday week moreso because my parents were able to come out.  I don't feel a day passed 25 but I have a feeling I'll be feeling it come this Saturday.  Wish us luck!!!!

No comments: