Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Breckenridge

My family met up in Breckenridge last week.  We stayed in Troy's friend's place and lived the high life for a few days.
We walked along Blue River.  I don't know what it is about water and kids but they were obsessed with throwing any little thing into it.
 Even Connor got into the action which made me super paranoid.
 There's a fun, little playground along Main Street that the kids loved playing in.
 Connor was a pro at causing a traffic jam at the slide.
 I think my mom was in grandkid heaven having all of them at once.
We spent a day on the slopes of Breckenridge.  It was a ton of fun.  First stop was the Alpine Slide.  Brooke was a little worried at first but quickly warmed up and wanted to go on it again and again.  Too bad Connor was too young to go on it.  He would have been in heaven.
 I just want to make note that Sierra and I beat Will and Jason.  :)
 We got to pan for gems and minerals.  The kids walked away with a bag full of rocks. 
Brooke tried her hand at rock climbing and showed no fear.  She only made it up a little ways but I was so proud that she was willing to give it a try.
I even got to give it a go.  Reminded me of my college days when I was super agile.  Ahh...to be young again.
 Brooke even did the trampoline and jumped sky high.
I tried doing forward and backward flips.  Not as easy as it looks.  I definitely was the true definition of grace.
I think the kids favorite part of the day aside from the Alpine Coaster (not to be mistaken with for the Alpine Slide) was the ride in the Gondola up to the resort.  We could have probably spent the whole day traveling up and down that thing.
The day spent on the slopes was a blast even with the minor accident.  Will and Jason were champs sticking it out and getting back on the Alpine Coaster. 
The rest of the time was spent at the house playing cards,
Chilling while watching a show,
and hanging out in the hot tub.

Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun-filled trip.


No comments: