Monday, July 08, 2013

The 4th!

I really should be cleaning the house but I got sidetracked looking at pictures and well, here I am.  It's been a couple weeks so I guess I should catch up.

Shane and family and Troy's parents came out for the holiday weekend.  Brooke and Connor were in heaven having their cousins around and all the attention/entertainment that came with it.
 We started the 4th with the traditional pancake breakfast at the church except it wasn't pancakes this year...it was breakfast burritos.  I'm kind of thinking that I prefer those over the pancakes. 
After the breakfast the crew was headed up to hike The Rock.  It was a beautiful day to do it and a great way to expend all the kid's energy.
Actual 4th celebration was pretty low key this year because of all the fire bans (we can't even have a fire in our fire pit).  We decided to celebrate all the July birthday (including Kenz!).

I made a Strawberry Lemonade Cake this year and it did not disappoint.  Much better than the Coconut Raspberry Lemon Cake I made last year.  Blech!
While the cousins were here, we got a visit from the Tooth Fairy.  Brooke's excited to start losing some teeth!
 The boys headed off into the mountains for some river rafting.  I'm thinking that I'll have to join the next time.
It was great having the family visit.  Brooke and Connor don't know what to do with themselves!  Hopefully it won't be another 2+ years before Shane and Heather come back to visit.

No comments: