Tuesday, July 30, 2013

B-I-G girl

I can't believe it!  We have a 5 year old.  Where has the time gone?  Seriously?!  I still remember being very large and pregnant with her.  I still remember heading to the hospital on a wet, summer night.  I remember what I thought when she was finally here.  And I can't believe that it was all 5 years ago!!
We celebrated her birthday a day early with having some friends over and digging into a Barbie cake that my friend, Sarah, made.  Sarah asked to borrow a doll.  Brooke wanted to make sure she'd get it back.  She was thrilled to see it in cake form wearing a princess dress.

The actual day of her birthday started with banana chocolate chip pancakes.  Brooke wasn't thrilled that Connor tried to get in on the action.  Good thing she blew it out first.
Later in the evening we headed to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and then to a Rockies game with our friends, the Cowans and Hutchings.
I think we did a pretty good job stretching out/celebrating Brooke's birthday.  Hopefully she felt very loved and special.

No comments: