Brooke finished off her soccer season. I think her last game was her best yet. I even saw her defend the goal, which is huge.
Most of the time was spent picking up the black, rubber specks from the turf field
I hope she'll still want to do it come Spring.
Though, I'm not so sure if Troy will readily agree to coaching next year. I imagine it's a lot of fun trying to wrangle a bunch of 5 year olds.
Later that week, Troy and I headed to Seattle for a quick, weekend getaway while Troy's mom hung back and kept the kids entertained.
Besides the crazy wind on the ferry, we picked a great weekend to head to the Northwest. It was somewhere in the low 70s and sunny. Perfect!!
Our first stop once we landed was to Din Tai Fung. We found this place when we went to Hong Kong a few years ago and have dreamed of soup dumplings ever since.
Later that evening, we enjoyed ourselves at a place called Canlis. It was delicious and had a beautiful view of Lake Union.
Saturday, we headed up north and stopped at Deception Pass. Like I said, we picked the perfect weekend to go. It looks like it was the start of fall colors and the drive up was gorgeous. Had we known we were so close to Vancouver, BC we may have even brought our passports with us.
On Monday we headed to the Chihuly Glass Garden next to the Space Needle. It was incredible.
If we didn't have kids, we would think about installing some of these pieces in our house...
The food in Seattle was great, and we even found a little hole in the wall Chinese place with great soup and jook.
I'm so lucky to have the greatest husband in the whole world! Thanks Troy for the great weekend, and spending time together before our life is overrun taking care of three kids. You are the best!!!!


1 comment:
Brooke's distraction on the soccer field is identical to her uncle Will who used to pick weeds on the field while the action was ongoing.
Post a Comment