To begin where we last left off...Troy's mom stayed with the kids while we were in Seattle then stayed the rest of the week to hang out with the adults! We spent a day at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Love that zoo.
The biggest highlight was feeding the various animals. It took quite a bit of coaxing to get Brooke to feed the giraffe but by the end of the day she was a pro.
Connor, on the other hand, learned quickly to drop the lettuce close to the fence and the giraffe would lick it up.
We also got to feed the parakeets. At least Brooke did. Connor spent his time chasing the birds trying to get them to eat from the stick.
The following week, we had our first real snow. Just enough to cover the lawn and allow for some playtime.
Don't worry...we've bought Connor manly looking gloves since then.
Gotta love hat hair!
If I remember right, the following day, all the snow had melted and our neighborhood had their annual pumpkin fest. Surprisingly, both the kids were willing to sit on the big bull.
The following weekend was our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. Connor quickly got the hang of saying trick-or-treat and walked away with way too much candy. I should have realized that 1 1/2 Costco size bags of candy would not be enough for our ward. We had over 30 families move into our ward over the summer. Crazy!
Troy managed to convince Brooke to do a simpler jack-o-lantern this year.
Both the kids helped to carve and we had a cute pumpkin as a result.
This was the first year that Brooke's school allowed the kids to dress up. She loved parading around the school!
I wish I could say that I was on top of things and took pictures of the actual Halloween night but alas I did not. I figured I had enough pictures of them in costume...it totally counts.
That pretty much sums up life until now. Troy's been gone for 4 days and will be home later this week and I've managed to keep the fort up. I hit 20 weeks last week which is pretty exciting! We find out later this week what we'll be having. Any guesses????
No comments:
Post a Comment