Brooke loves her new room!!!!! For some reason I feel like I'm losing my little girl. She's growing up!
P.S. She also lost her first tooth this last Saturday. That officially means we've got a big girl.
Once the dust settled and the smell of paint was gone, we decided to head to warmer temps and went to CA to visit my parents and celebrate Chinese New Year a week early.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love my family? I realize how lucky I am to come from a great and big family. Out of my mom's 9 siblings only 1 lives in Sacramento. The rest live within 1 hr. 20 min. (without traffic) drive from my parents. Out of my 21 cousins and their familys only 3 families and one cousin live out of state. The rest live within 1 hr. 20 min. drive from my parents. This gathering we figured out that our baby will be #40 for the great nieces and nephews. I think that makes a grand total of 95 people on my mom's side AND we're still growing.
In attempts to make handing out the lucky money easier on "givers" a new system was created. The kids decorated licee bags and then lined up to "trick-or-treat".
Afterwards, the confetti was thrown!!!!!! And thrown some more...and then some more. The kids played in it for a good 30 minutes and Uncle Jimmy even got into the action.
Amazing, the picture above, is after the confetti. Thank goodness for wood floors. I would like to say that was the last of the confetti but as I was sorting laundry today (in CO) I found some more. Both Brooke and Connor were very excited to see Coco.
Sunday was spent as a day of rest and then it was off to Disneyland. Besides a bout of carsickness, 2 changes of clothes and a 3 hour car ride, the day went off without a hitch. Both Brooke and Connor were SO excited.
First thing we saw when walking in was Captain Hook. Brooke was all about saying hi and meeting him. Connor, not so much.
Brooke requested the Buzz Lightyear to be for the first ride. I would post pictures of our scores but mine was too embarrassing. Especially after Connor found the joystick and I spent the whole ride spinning around in circles.
It was a perfect day to go. The weather was gorgeous and warm and the lines were short. I believe the longest line we waited in was to buy the actual tickets. We waited maybe a max of 10-15 minutes per ride. Some we even walked right on.
We made our way to Toontown and Brooke was super excited to go on Go-Go Gadget's Coaster.
Pure joy!!!!
Connor thought he was super excited to go on the ride as well.
Afterwards, he emphatically claimed that he did NOT want to go back on the ride. It was too fast.
Funny...I remember Brooke having a similar look on her face the first time she went on this ride a couple of years ago.
We met up with Donald and Goofy afterwards. Connor was still unsure of them.
Brooke also went on Matterhorn with Troy and loved it!!!! Since the last time I rode that ride seats have changed so Brooke was by herself. I was surprised to hear that she wasn't scared at all. If only Thunder Mountain was open. She would have loved that one too.
Disneyland was so much fun!!!! Both the kids did great even with naps or rest time. I think they loved it.
Both kids crashed before we even got out of the parking garage.
We stayed at Rachel's that night and Brooke (and Connor) played with the girls the following day.
Wednesday, we headed back to CO. Luckily when we landed it was only in the high 40s so it wasn't too much of a rude awakening. When we left CO for CA it was a whopping 9 degrees!!!!.
I think we did a good job in wearing the kids out. They both fell asleep on the descent into CO. I love going to CA and being able to celebrate the Chinese New Year with the family. Disneyland was a nice bonus too!!! Hope we can continue making this a tradition.

2 comments:
You're kids are so cute! I love Brooke's new big girl room!
your not you're
Post a Comment