Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bye Bye School! Hello Summer! (Beware: Pic Overload)





With the end of May we finished up Brooke's spring soccer season and kindergarten.  I can't believe we have a 1st grader in the midst.  Brooke did fabulous this year.  She loves school and everything about it.  She really excelled in reading and math.  Maybe we have another actuary on our hands.  Wouldn't Troy be proud!  Spring soccer went better than the Fall but I don't think we've got a soccer player in our family...yet.  She did manage to score her first and only goal.  I'm so sad that I missed it too!  I was teaching piano.  Troy promised her a dime for every time her foot touched the ball.  I think she walked away with $2.
Once school ended we headed up to Breckenridge to spend some time with Troy's parents, Taylor, Shane and Heather and their family.  Right before we left Brooke managed to sprain her ankle during dance.  Too much slipping and sliding in her tap shoes.  Luckily it didn't put too much of a damper on our weekend.  She kept the splint on for a few days and by Saturday she was as good as new.
 
The weekend was spent walking downtown, playing in the park, and hanging out at the condo.  The weather was perfect.  We even got a dusting of snow Sunday.  Snow in June!! 

  
(Fun flashback to Oct. 2010.  How much these girls have grown!)
  
Connor could spend all day swinging...as long as there is someone to push him.  Any takers?
 
The guys even had some good tetherball matches.
 
Taylor teaching the kids the true way of playing Go Fish.
  
We even had a visitor every night.  There were 2 foxes that hung around the condo.  They showed no fear at all.  Our neighbor says that they like to eat eggs.I think that's telling.
  
Dylan took his first sink bath.  He didn't mind it too much but I definitely had to keep a good grip on him.
  
We celebrated Easton's 3rd birthday complete with minions and mustaches.
 
 We are going to miss this family when they take off for Japan.  Luckily a trip to Japan is in the works for Winter 2015.

The week we got back from Breckenridge was crazy busy.  I was still teaching piano preparing for my recital at the end of the week and Brooke had her first dance recital.  Thankfully her ankle healed just fine.  Both Troy and I weren't sure how she would do performing in front of a crowd but she did awesome!
 
She also loved getting all dolled up and sat perfectly still while getting her make up and hair done.
Once the piano and dance recitals were done it was on to CA for a family vacation with my family.  We spent a few days at my parents' house.

We were able to meet up with a couple of my cousins for lunch.  Brooke and Connor were so excited to see Coco.


We hit up a place called Underwood Farms.  The kids loved it.  They fed the four legged animals, drove tractors, rode ponies, and picked strawberries to their hearts' content.

Connor even got to ride on the cow train all by himself.  He's the little orange dot in the middle of the train.

After spending a couple of days at my parents' house we all headed down to San Diego to meet up with Will and his family.  
First things first was to hit up the beach.  We found a great spot along the marina.  No waves but plenty of sand and water to dig in.  The kids loved it!  I loved it even more because I didn't need to stress about waves toppling the kids.
Thursday and Friday were spent at Legoland and Legoland Waterpark.
Once again, Brooke showed her need for speed.  She loved all the roller coasters.
Connor, on the other hand, loved the slow and steady rides.  We forced him to go on a mini roller coaster and did not like it at all.
 Dylan spent majority of the time either in his stroller or hanging out in the Bjorn.  He was such a trooper and rarely fussed.

Now we're back home...for 2 weeks before we head out again.  The kids just started swimming lessons and are doing great.  The rest of the time, the days are spent playing and horsing around with each other.





Other news...Dylan just turned 3 months!!!  I can't believe it.  3 months?!?!?!?!  I meant to blog about his 2 month appointment but time got away.  Here's the quick update:
Weight: 12 lbs. 3 oz.(50%)
Height: 23 1/2 inches (58%)
Head: 15 3/4 inches (40%)
I must admit that it's kind of fun to compare Dylan and Connor.  Connor definitely had the more compact look whereas Dylan is longer and a little leaner.
At 3 months Dylan is sleeping through the night.  Hallelujah!!  I finished up nursing about a couple weeks ago due to Raynaud's Phenomenon.  It was awful and very stressful not knowing when I would experience pain.
Dylan is still working on his hairline.  This was taken around his 2 month mark.  Thankfully his hair is starting to fill in and he doesn't look too much like an old man!  Now he has more hair than Connor did at a year old.  He smiles and coos all the time.  His demeanor is similar to Connor - chill and relaxed.  I suppose that must come with being the third child!  Brooke and Connor are great older siblings.  They love to talk and play with him which comes in handy when we're out and about in the car. 

I think that about covers everything until now.  Here's hoping that I can be on top of things and post more often!

1 comment: