Connor and Brooke had swim lessons. Brooke was a fish. Connor was hesitant. He'd get in the water but wouldn't put his head in the water or blow bubbles. Brooke passed her class...Connor has to repeat. What a stinker!
We celebrated Brooke's birthday by going to the Butterfly Pavilion. Our library has a great thing called the Adventure Pass and we can get free admission to various places in the Denver area.
They loved see on the creepy, crawling things. Connor was even brave enough to hold Rosie, the tarantula.
I tried to show Brooke that I, too, was brave enough to do it. Severe anxiety set in and all I wanted to do was clench my hand into a fist. Good thing the lady was there to keep my hand open. Can cross that off my bucket list!
We also hit up a Skyfox game with the Cowans. This was 3 years in a row that we've gone to a baseball game for her birthday. I think we'll make this a tradition.
The start of school was mostly a great success. The day before school we found out that Brooke made it into the 1/2 combo. During last school year, her teacher mentioned that Brooke would do well in the 1/2 combo. When it came time for testing, Brooke was borderline making the class so we were told that she was in regular 1st grade. Come to find out less than 24 hours before school is to start a kid had moved and there was a spot for Brooke.
She was really excited to go back to school and see her friends but for some reason she thought that the regular 1st graders went to school for 1/2 day and came home wishing that school was 1/2 day every day. Boy, is she in for a nice surprise for the next 12 years!
Connor started preschool the following week. He LOVES it and is so excited that he gets to go to school the same time as Brooke. He walked right in and never looked back.
Connor also started soccer. He's a little bit more aware of the ball but is still timid to kick it when there's a big group of kids around the ball.
Brooke doesn't mind hanging out during practices and games. She still has a fascination with the rubber pellets from the turf.
Troy got Brooke to ride her bike with no training wheels. Hooray!!!! She was a little nervous at first but took to it like a champ.
Since the older kids have been in school, Dylan and I have enjoyed our time together. He's such a great baby and doesn't mind getting shuttled around. It's amazing how much faster we can get through Costco with the older two.
I'm a month late but Dylan's 4 month stats were:
Weight: 14 lbs. 10 oz. (34%)
Height: 25 3/4 inches (69%)
Head: 16 3/4 inches (49%)
I can't believe how fast he's growing. He's already fitting into 6-9 month sleepers and has been for the last couple weeks.
Two weeks ago he started rolling from his back to his tummy. It's rare that he'll stay on his back for more than a few minutes before he rolls over. The downside...he forgets that he can roll back onto his back.
I was planning on waiting until around 5 months to start him on rice cereal but he was looking like he was not satisfied with his bottles. He loves his rice cereal and is pretty decent at eating it. Now, if only we could keep his hands out of his mouth it would make feeding much cleaner.
Along with rolling he is also pivoting and scootching. There have been many times that I've put him down facing one way and I come back and he's either scooted away from his original spot or has rotated himself.
It's actually kind of funny to see when we put him down at night and to see where he's traveled in his crib. Many a times he's opposite from where he started.
As of late, Dylan has decided that he wants to grow up even faster and has started thinking about crawling. I'm so not ready for this. Any bets on whether he'll be crawling sooner than Connor did right at 7 months???
1 comment:
I did not know this blog had been posted until now. Grandpa and Grandma always love to receive news of the grand kids. LOVE ALL THE PICTURES.
Post a Comment