Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Year, New Commitment!

I, Tracie, commit to update this blog more often than I did last year. I would like to commit to weekly but I think that may be a stretch so I'll say twice a month.  Here's goes nothing!!!  (Get ready for a picture dump!


We spent Thanksgiving with our good friends, the Cowans.  Great food and great company!
You might as well say that we spent the whole Thanksgiving weekend with them.  I taught Glenn's mom, Liz, how to make and wrap dumplings
And the kids made gingerbread houses.  Well, Brooke, mom, and dad made gingerbread houses.  Connor was busy stuffing his face full of candy.
 They turned our pretty cute and were a source of snack for Connor for the following month.  I believe he ate a whole row of "lights" before we caught on.
 Troy and I made a quick trip to CA for my cousin Jojo's wedding.  Quick meaning we were in CA for about 24 hours.  Long enough so my parents could get their Dylan fix and
 Troy and I could have fun celebrating with my family and eat good grub!
I had my annual Winter Recital and there was someone new in it this year!  Any guesses??  Not to too her horn but Brooke has really taken to learning piano.  I told myself that I wouldn't teach her in fear that it would not be a good mix but lo and behold she's done an incredible job and has excelled at it.
Christmas snuck up on us this year.  With all the class parties, traveling (me once to CA and Troy 3 times - Chicago, S. Carolina, and CA), recitals, etc. we were lucky to get Christmas decorations up but thankfully we have 2 great helpers!!!  Brooke and Connor really got into the spirit and pretty much put up all the decorations with little help.
 We spent Christmas morning at home.  Brooke was thrilled that Santa knew that she wanted Elsa.
 Dylan was excited for the rolling cubes.  Who cares about the other thing that comes with it!
 Connor was just happy unwrapping presents.
After a little playtime we hopped in the car and headed west.  We stopped in Grand Junction and let the kids run loose.  Let me tell you...it's a lot of fun staying in a hotel room with 3 young kids.  Brooke and Dylan did great.  Connor was just to energized and excited to calm down.  He was the last to fall asleep and I'm pretty sure the first to wake up at 5:45 in the morning. 

We spent the following week in Utah with Troy's family.  We hit up BYU basketball game.  It was fun being back in the Marriot Center.  I'd like to think that it really hasn't been that long since we were last there.


Here's a throwback to 2005. We don't look too different....

We also took a brisk walk around the reflection pool to see some of the lights at Temple Square.  It was ridiculously cold that it was a unanimous decision that it would be just a quick loop.  I wish we could have seen more but we'll have to do that another time.
I also got to meet up with old friends from home.  We've known each other for 20+ years.  I love that we still keep in contact and see each other every now and then.
We hung out with Will, Kristin, and kids.  There's a new museum called the Museum of Curiosity.  The kids LOVED it!!!!!  They could have spent all day there.  Next time we come we'll definitely have to devote more time there.
Lastly, and the main reason for going to Utah was welcoming Uncle Brett back from his mission in Austin.  We met him at the airport at 11:30, had lunch with him, and then we were on the road to CO by 1:45.  It was a quick visit but good to see him.

This last week has been fun detoxing from the fun of Winter Break.  We played, laughed, ate, and barely slept but it was great spending time with family.

No comments: