Monday, April 06, 2015

Spring Break

And just like that Spring Break is over.  I must admit that the 2 weeks felt a little long but it was nice to have the kids home and not have a schedule to adhere to.  And really, Dylan loved it!!!!!  Brooke and Connor are so much more entertaining than I could ever be. The first week we pretty much stayed home and chilled.  I learned very quickly that that is NOT what to do during spring break so we headed out the following week.
Tuesday was a gorgeous and perfect day to go the zoo with friends. 
A trip to the zoo isn't complete until they get to ride the carousel or the train.  Unfortunately Connor couldn't go without an adult so I was the lucky one.  I was reminded again how much I dislike like going around in circle whilst moving up and down.  Pretty much stared at the ground the whole time to keep me from getting sick.
Brooke and Connor could have stayed at the zoo all day long.  Dylan finally got tuckered out and fell asleep.  He was a true champ. 
Brooke and I got to go out on 2 dates.  One to the Colorado Ballet's Peter and the Wolf and the other one to see Cinderella.  Both were fantastic and I loved having that one-on-one time with Brooke.
Thursday, we decided to go visit Troy at work and eat lunch downtown.  The kids had never ridden the lightrail so that's what we did.  They loved it.  Makes me even more excited for our trip to Hong Kong/Japan at the end of the year.
Connor kept asking me at every stop if this was our stop.  Thankfully Brooke can read and also listen carefully.  Nonetheless I think the train ride was the highlight of that day.
 
My highlight was winning a radio contest!!!  It's called Rattle Off and I had 10 seconds to name 5 things you traditionally put butter on.  Toast, bread, corn, potatoes, carrots.  I was on the radio and I actually won!!!!
While Brooke and I were off on our dates, Connor and Troy got to go out for frozen yogurt and Home Depot for their monthly project.

Both Troy and I realized how important it is to take the kids out individually and let them just be them.  All in all Spring Break was a lot of fun.  The kids did really well playing with each other.  Makes me a little excited for Summer. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had fun. They sure will enjoy all the public transit in H.K.
Wu mom