Sunday, May 03, 2015

April Showers

We had an action packed an fun April. Some days it feels like the only time we are together as a family is when we are putting the kids to bed.
 Earlier this year Brooke's class learned about being an arborist. Brooke loved the unit, and has been talking about trees ever since. On Friday, her class was able to go on a field trip and plant a tree with a real arborist to celebrate Arbor Day.
She had a blast and was able to bring home a couple of pine tree saplings. I'm sure our grandkids will enjoy the shade they generate!
At our local mall, there was a Lego exhibit of a bunch of US historical sites, made from Legos. It was very cool, and the kids really enjoyed it, including the small lego set they got for free. It made Tracie and I excited to take our kids to DC at some point when they get older.
On the 16th, the April Showers turned to snow overnight. Tracie had gone to a cooking class that night, so she drove home through the slushy snow. I woke up early on Friday to go to work. I looked outside and saw this.
Needless to say, I opted to stay home. Kids didn't have the same option, as school was eventually cancelled. That should be the last snow of the season, right?
Dylan is growing up quickly right in front of our eyes. These past couple of weeks he has started to take a couple of steps. Within the last week, he has started standing by himself.
Of course, he remains as cute as ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so happy that your family is growing and thriving. Love all the pictures.

WuMom