The beginning of May brought the last big and wet snowstorm. I don't remember how many inches we got but it was a quick storm. The rest of May was wet and rainy. I think that we got rain 28+ days out of the month. Definitely one of the rainiest Mays we've ever had. It delayed the planting of our garden until today!
It was about time that Dylan got his first haircut. Connor and Dylan are completely different when it comes to the hair department. Connor was over 2 before he got his first haircut and I think his hair was even shorter than Dylan's when he got it. Dylan was good for the most part and didn't wiggle too much. He was much more still when I whipped the bubbles out.
Connor had another birthday. Hooray!!! The big 4. There are times that I feel time goes really slow but whenever birthdays come it feels like the year has gone in a blink of an eye. Connor is the best middle child. He is all energy but can chill with the best of them. He still loves his sleep. I have a feeling that he will be difficult to wake up during his teenage years. He is the most inquisitive kid. He has a question for anything and everything. I've finally resorted to telling him to go straight to the source. For example-Why is it raining? Why is it windy? Why is it cloudy?...I don't know...go ask the meteorologist.
I ran the Ogden Half Marathon. The week going into the race I had my eyes glued on the weather. Friday morning said that we were in the clear with a 3-6% chance of rain. By that night it had changed to 100%. The rain came right when the race started and proceeded to rain the WHOLE ENTIRE TIME with times being a total downpour. Moisture wicking clothes didn't do much and I was completely frozen by the end of the race. My hands were numb and my legs were tight. Thankfully I had Troy and a donut waiting for me at the end of the race. Final time 2:00:39. My goal was to get under 2:00 and I was sooo close. I blame the rain. I'm determined that I will make it under 2:00 so I signed up for another race at the end of this month. I think my legs are getting angry with me for running so much but I will get there.
Brooke's school hosted a fun run. Her goal was to run all 35 laps and she did it all with a few extra. She ran over 2 miles. Way to go Brookie!!!!
Connor finished up his soccer season. He did awesome and his team only lost 1 game the whole season. Troy did a great job coaching and hopefully we'll see some of these kids back next season.
Brooke had her dance recital and she did awesome. She has been taking ballet and jazz/lyrical this past year and has truly worked hard in learning her steps.
The last big event at Brooke's school was field day. It is a lot different than how I remember doing it when I was a kid. What ever happened to the long jump? She loved it. Always a smile on her face and a tongue poking out.
Too keep the older 2 busy this summer and to keep my sanity I signed Brooke and Connor up for tennis lessons. Yesterday was their first lesson. Troy took them and said that Brooke got the hang of it. Connor...not so much but he's definitely on the younger side. Nonetheless I think they'll enjoy learning it together.
Today was Brooke's last day of school. Hooray!!!! She has had an awesome year with an awesome teacher. Her enthusiasm for school and learning has only increased over the years and I attribute it to her teachers creating a great place for learning and growth. I can't believe I have a 2nd grader it the midst. Seriously!!! Can someone please slow down time for just a little bit?????



1 comment:
Glad the kids are all growing and thriving. Can't wait to see them in less than a week. Wumom
Post a Comment