The first week of summer break the older kids went off to craft camp. I don't have any pictures but they came home with an armload: a fairy garden, teepee, summer hats/fedora, kinetic sand, and travel lego kits. My parents also rolled into town. Whenever my parents come into town we always make a trip to Chuck E Cheese's. That's usually the first thing Connor asks when he knows Gong Gong and Popo are coming.
5 adults, 3 kids, 200 tokens, and 500+ tickets later we walked out happy and spent with prizes I can't even remember.
My mom was kind enough to teach a cooking class to the ladies from church. Many of them came ready to learn and hopefully they'll be able to take it home and recreate them.
We spent a perfect day at the zoo. The weather was fabulous and we pretty much got to see everything. Troy was even to join us for the second half.
Looking back at old pictures it's crazy to see how much Brooke and Connor have grown over the years.
We celebrated Father's Day twice. Once while my dad was still out visiting and a second time with my mom still here. Both celebrations were complete with delicious meals. I tried my hand at paella...still needs work but we've got a great base. Then my mom spoiled all of us with Chinese ribs and potstickers. Mmmm...my mouth still waters thinking about it.
I ran another half marathon (Slacker Half Marathon) in hopes to break the 2 hour mark.
The last mile was by far the worse because we had to zig zag through the streets and what I thought was the finish was not the finish and I had already given my last burst. I felt so defeated when I crossed the finish line and saw the 2:00:22. It wasn't until my friend pointed out that what I saw was the gun time and not my official time. All I can say is that I fought for those 9 seconds like I hadn't fought before. Now I get to rest from running for a little bit then pick back up for the Tough Mudder in September and another half in November.





1 comment:
We had a wonderful time at your place. Dad wished he could stay longer. Maybe we'll try to repeat the piella dish in Simi. All our love!! Wumom and Dad
Post a Comment