Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ceiling Fan


So, for a hot Friday night date, we decided to install the ceiling fan that we had purchased earlier in the week. It wasn't too difficult and I do have to say that I helped Troy in putting it up. Anywho, after 2 hours, the ceiling fan was installed. We flipped the switch and realized that the light was yellow. Now let me tell you about this yellow...I felt like I needed to have doilies on the couches and those stained glass lamps. It was pretty hideous. So I looked at Troy and asked him if he really liked it. After much thinking (about 2 seconds) we decided to take the fan down the next morning and exchange it for one with a white light. Since we are getting close to the summer season, the sun likes to rise at the butt crack of dawn. ('scuse the language) so we were definitely up and out of bed by 7:30. So much for sleeping in on weekends! Just a side note...Friday both Troy and I noticed that the sun was rising earlier than normal. When Troy left for work at 6:20 am the sun was blaring already. So we went back to the ceiling fan and took it all down and packed it up. That afternoon we went back to Lowes and exchanged it. We came home and starting installing it. In the instruction book it gave 2 options in installing it: a flush mount or a dropped "standard" mount that was about 6 inches lower than the flush. Troy said, "let's do the flush mount". I said, "why don't we do the standard mount since it says standard." We decided to do it the standard way. Well after an hour we had it up and installed. (We're pros now) I stepped back and took a look at it and I told Troy, "it's way to low. You can't even jump without hitting it." Troy just looked at me with a look of "are you serious?!?!?!?!?!" After he took a look at it, we decided that we needed to take it down and do the flush mount. Well to make a long story a little bit longer, it took us FOREVER to unscrew the dropped portion of the ceiling fan. It was horrible. I even had to go to the neighbors' house and ask to borrow a big wrench and can I say, I may have knocked at an inopportune time. Anywho, after 45 minutes fighting with the dumb thing, we were able to unscrew it and finish putting up the fan. Now you can see it in all its beauty and glory!!!!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

The fan looks great. Good job! : )

Anonymous said...

Fun Story. I wish we had ceiling fans.

Anonymous said...

That was a great story...can I just tell you the countless number of times I've had Harvey install, fix, or make something for me, just to have him change it to the way he wanted to do it in the first place! AHHHHH...they get to love (endure) us for eternity, sweet!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!