Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hot Pot


So I must say that after our snow last week, the weather has been downright spring-like. We were in the 80s all last week and in the 60s and 70s this week. It is now warm and dry enough for us to get started on the landscaping. The big project won't be going down until June, but we are going to do some small stuff on our own until then. So we bought a wheelbarrow, shovels and a rake. We are ready for anything!
We also tried hot pot this week, and it worked out really good. We had meatballs, beef, shrimp, and bok choy (thanks Joanna). It was fantastic, and for those that want to try it, we will bust it out when you come visit.
On Sunday we spoke in Sacrament. Tracie was so excited that she spoke fast and finished in about 7-8 minutes. It was a great talk, and I'm proud of her for doing it. Did I mention that there wasn't another speaker on the program? That's right, I had to stretch my talk to finish the meeting. Luckily we sang all 6 verses of Redeemer of Israel (who knew there were 6!) Tracie had already spent time introducing us, so it was just me and my notes on Pres. Monson's talk "How Firm a Foundation" for the next 25 minutes. I can't tell if I did a good job or not because a couple of people said it was like a high councilman's talk! Luckily with the size of our ward it should be a while before we speak again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, that's a lot of skewers in the pot for just the 2 of you. I'll bet most of them were Tracie's, she likes to hog all the good stuff. Good job on the talk, doesn't sound like it was easy.

tracie said...

If by good stuff you are referring to myself, then I whole-heartedly agree!!

(She did have her fair share of shrimp)

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to read about all that has been happening with you two. That roasted chicken did look yummy. I like to order something like that when dad and I come next time. There is always the first time of everything, from now on, it's going to be just a piece of "gunk', nothing more,way to go, Trace, ha,ha!

Anonymous said...

And here I thought "Hot Pot" referred to an old high school girlfriend. Silly me. (You didn't let Lexie fill a few of those 25 minutes during Troy's talk?!?!?)

Kristin said...

I don't think it will be long till you pass me witht he blog counter...