Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkins, Bowling, and a little white stuff

We actually had quite a busy Saturday after just staying home Friday evening to watch Disturbia (really just a more modern version of The Burbs). We slept in a little too long and missed the Annual Pumpkin Chuckin' contest. We'll give you a full report next year, but as a teaser, the winning entry went over 500 yards (yes yards, not feet!) We did get down to the pumpkin patch at the Grange to pick up our free pumpkin.

We then went bowling for an hour. It was a lot of fun, and we bowled really well. Tracie's high was a 134 (one pin from finishing off with a turkey) and mine was a 150. We then came home to watch the BYU game. We started watching sometime in the 3rd quarter and BYU was already up big. As you may have heard, it started to snow, and then it really started to come down in the 4th quarter. I knew that cold weather was in our forecast for today, but seeing it made me scared enough to wrap our sprinkler pipes. Good thing I did.
We woke up this morning to a little snow on the ground. I took this before church just in case it melted by the time we got back. Since we go to choir practice before church, we leave at 8. So 4 hours later we get back, and look what we have!

A lot of snow! All told we got just over 6 inches down here. Denver got maybe a dusting, and it was melted by the time the Broncos kicked off at 6. I'm sure it will be all melted by tomorrow, and the roads weren't bad, but it was enough to make us bust out the Christmas music.

Lastly our neighbors Joe and Patti had a friend stand them up for a lunch date, so we were forced to join them for steaks at their house Saturday for lunch. They also had a computer monitor that they were going to give their Dad, but he did not want it. So we bought it from them. It's about time we traded in our ancient monitor for a new flat screen one. It is amazing how much more space we have on our desk now!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty sweet little monitor! Steaks and a good deal. I wish I had more nights like that.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of all the snow you got - it was pretty at the game but didn't lay down at all. One of these days we'll be justified in turning on the Christmas music!

Kristin said...

Sorry you can't play christmas music at my house until thanksgiving day. Its the rule!

Anonymous said...

Snow?? Ahhh, Oregon:)

We got this honkin' big new monitor too, pretty cool!

Love that Christmas Music!!!

Anonymous said...

If I turned on Christmas music before the month of December, I'll never hear the end of it from Will and Tracie.
New found space on your desk? Don't worry, you'll fill it up in no time.

Anonymous said...

C'mon "Wu Mom", I don't think I'd ever bother to comment. That'd be ALL Tracie.

Jenna said...

Oh the joy of snow...Troy, you would be proud of me. Drew and his family are die hard sports fans and always come to a game early, and leave only when it is done. At the game this weekend, we came in the beginning and didn't leave until the end...There was close to an inch of snow on our heads when we left!

I am glad to hear Tracie that you justified rocking to the Christmas music...cause I did too. =)

Elise and Lane said...

I almost forgot what snow looks like! And i'm all for christmas music- but only becuase that will mean that it's time for us to finally have our baby!

Bacchus Family said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! See my blog for details.
Troy, sorry about the Rockies, I was hoping they would win too.