
So this week was dubbed my birthday week by Tracie, and she spoiled me a lot. On Tuesday Tracie made cupcakes. They were fabulous and I had just enough breath to blow out the candles!!
I dressed


up for work. Thanks to Brittany for the doo-rag, it really completed the outfit. Lexie was also excited for Halloween and kept a keen eye out for the Trick-or-Treaters. We were actually really excited to stay home and pass out candy for the first time in our house (I'm sure that will fade over time). We got to hand it out for a little while and then we went over to our friends Jen and Gavin's house for a murder mystery party. I was J. Stephen Peek, attorney-at-law, the friend and confidante of the victim (I even have the business cards to prove it). Tracie was Elise St. Gershe, the young, attractive maid at the DuPre mansion. It was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed hanging out with the three other couples.


We quickly moved past the Halloween holiday and on to Thanksgiving. On Sunday we invited some friends over for dinner and Tracie decided to be bold and make her very first turkey dinner. It was delicious!! Luckily Tracie had some latex gloves which makes handling the raw turkey much nicer. It was a fun day and it was nice to stress test the kitchen, the double ovens, and the big dining room table. They all passed with flying colors, now we just family to join us next year for the real Thanksgiving!!!!
9 comments:
What a surprise that Lexie didn't run away from the trick-or-treaters! We love the look of the turkey and can hardly wait for next year.
- Edward and Joanna
Double oven? Super jealous...
Looks like y'all had a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple/few weeks.
Nice costume Troy!!
Cute costumes! As always, Tracie's cooking looks superb.
Ahhh....a double oven....sigh...I only wish.
Looks like fun! By the way- you should sport the doo-rag more often. Miss you guys!
Troy, I hope you had a super birthday! Your costumes are way cute too!
I like the cat looking out the window, she just wanted to help.
Post a Comment