Sunday, June 22, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I had my last of my 2-week appointments on Monday. I am measuring right on with weight and belly size (?). The doctor said that for my appointment this Friday I need to be packed and ready to go just in case they need to admit me. Yikes!!!!!! Is it really come up that fast?!?!? I think we're mostly ready except we don't have a car seat yet. I just ordered it on Friday and hopefully it comes before the baby decides to come!! Besides being a whopping 30 lbs. heavier and having a huge belly, I feel pretty good. She's still really active and sometimes likes to give me a little jab in the ribs or hip bone to remind how much spunk she'll have in the outside world. I have a feeling she's going to be a lot like me. Luckily we both have Troy, the most patient guy in the world.
The nursery is coming along very well. We bought our chair rails yesterday and Troy stained them this afternoon. Hopefully we'll be able to get them up by the end of the week so we can finally post pictures of the baby's room. I think it has turned out really nice and I can't wait to get the bedding on to see it come all together.
Our garden is coming along well too. Against Troy's mom's advice, we left a peach on our peach tree just to see how well it would grow. (No worries, we yanked off all others) The peach is about the size of a small lime. Our zucchini plants are growing like crazy. Two out of the three mounds have 4 plants growing and the one other mound has 1 plant. We may have to do a little thinning so we don't have an insane amount of zucchinis. Our potato plants are coming up nicely. If anything, I'm most excited to see how they turn out and I can't wait to eat them. Our green beans are doing great as well. We probably have at least 2 times more green beans than we did last year and we planted them about a month earlier than we did last time so we will have tons this season. They're really tasty so I can't complain. As for our watermelons, cantelopes, grape tomatoes, and peppers...well...they're not doing so hot. One watermelon seed has come up but I haven't found any others. We had a really cold night a couple weeks ago and I think that killed off our grape tomatoes and peppers and maybe our cantelope. Bummer. At least we still have our roma tomato plants still growing. At the rate they are growing, we may have tomatoes by November. They are still so tiny!!!

My neighbor and Robyn threw me a baby shower yesterday with all the neighborhood folks. It was a lot of fun and I'm super appreciative for all that they did. We played a few games and I actually won one of them. We had to guess baby foods by tasting them. I got 4 out of 5. Not too shabby for never having tried baby food before. I can definitely say that that will have been my first and last time doing so. They are disgusting. Blah!!Lastly, the work on our deck has finally begun. Hip, hip hooray!!!! It has turned out looking great and I think both Troy and I agree that the size of the deck is roughly the same size as our first apartment in Provo. Kind of funny. Hopefully they'll be finishing up by midweek.

11 comments:

Kenz said...

Wow, that deck is big! That will be so nice for some outdoor grilling and dining. Tracie, you look like you swallowed a watermelon and that's about all! So exciting!!

Natalie said...

You look so good! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see pics of the little lady. :)

Kay said...

Oh sure, you'll show the garden half finished, but not the babies room? ;)

Ware Family said...

cute cute belly!

Will said...

What a cute life you're leading.

Mickie and Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mickie and Matt said...

Uhhh because of my lack of proof reading before sumbmiting i'll try commenting again!

My original comment was...

HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE CAN WRITE THE WORD CUTE IN THEIR COMMENTS? I was just going to say WOW you guys are busy! Just the type of busy life I am looking forward to someday :)

Elise and Lane said...

What an awesome belly! You are looking great! Can't wait to see what your little girls gonna look like! And love the deck!

Jenna said...

Hope the shower went well! Wish it could have been just a week later and I could have been there...it was fun to see Erin yesterday and I can't wait to see everyone next week!!!

Broc Wilde said...

You really have to have a green thumb to garden outside of Southern California. Good luck with the baby, but it sure seems like you have pregnant for a long time.

Tracy Giles said...

You look so cute! We can't wait to see pictures of your baby. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer. Your house looks great!