So nesting time is in full ______(fill in the blank, I can't think of the word). With the upcoming arrival of my old roommate, Erin and her family, I have made a nice long list of things that I hope to get done between now and Saturday. The problem...I lack the motivation. Hopefully I'll be able to get a little done each day and feel like I've been productive. This last Saturday was a very productive day for us. Since the crib we ordered wouldn't get here until the end of June, we decided to buy a pack n' play for little Grant to sleep in. We headed to Babies R' Us and found one that was on sale. It had been out on display and they had switched displays so this one was marked down. Since it was in perfect condition, we decided why not and it had been the one that I had been eyeing for some time. Unfortunately the pack n' play did not come with directions so it took a little longer than we wanted to set it up but after about 30 minutes and looking up the instructions on the internet, it was all ready to go. I like it.
We also bought a mattress. Since Ryan and Erin will be here a month, we figured it wouldn't be very nice of us as hosts to have them sleep on an air mattress. Also, my mom will be coming out in the middle of July to help me and she'll be here for a while also so we decided to buy ourselves a new mattress and move our old one into the guest room. It now looks like Robyn's room all over again. I think that room missed being furnished. The new mattress is substantially taller than the old one which makes it somewhat harder to get into but I definitely don't have a problem rolling out bed.
Last week, we also bought a dresser, glider, and shelf for the baby's room. The dresser and glider won't be here for another few days/weeks but we got to put together the shelf yesterday. I'm excited to see how the room is coming together but you guys will just have to wait until it is all done...sorry Kay. :)
Lastly, Lexie has been enjoying all the gifts that have received especially the bags.
Being dressed up in a little dress...not so much.
12 comments:
swing? force? those are the only words that I could think of to fill in your blank. You are officially in the nesting stage! Cute Pack n Play!
regalia?
What a cool lookin' playpen. Dang if only ours was so cool!
Dressign the cat in baby clothes... I hope you washed that after!
Oh girl, the shelf looks fabulous. I can't wait to get a sneak peak of the nursery even before everything gets there! Don't worry, you'll get everything done. And if you don't...Erin's there to help now!!!
What? You didn't put the frilly bottoms on Lexie too? If you did that it would want to commit suicide off the 2nd story. Too bad she's a cat . . . That'd be like trying to drown a salmon.
First of all remember how I change my background? Its time for you its not hard next time you visit I'll help you :) Second thats awesome that youa re getting all this stuff done. Nice furnishings as well.
I rememebr entering the 'nesting' stage. It was the begining of the "natural motherhood" everyone talks about. I'm so excited for you to exerience being a mom! It's the best most amazing thing in the entire world! Nice choices on furniture by the way, very neat!
Isn't nesting great? I remember feeling so "on top of things" when nesting hit. I am VERY excited to see the finished product of this nursery- it is going to turn out amazing!
Lexie looks adorable- I am glad that she didn't get the bloomers on though, that could have been a cat-tastrophe.
swing, production, force....
Don't you love pregnant brain? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't go away once the baby is born, sorry!
Hey- I recognize those baby toy block in the shelf picture!
Normally I just secretly read your blog, but I have to just tell you several things. 1. The cat in the dress made me laugh out loud. 2. You are an ultimately cute pregnant lady. 3. I guess that's it, but I am super excited for you and Troy, congrats! :)
Post a Comment