Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm a Big Kid Now

Okay, maybe not a big kid but Brooke is growing up. We bought her a high chair this last week since the bouncer proved to not really hold her in. She seems to like it and I love the fact that I can pin her arms down with the tray so she can't swat at the spoon when I'm trying to feed her. She has also started sleeping all the way through the night as in from 8-7. Not too shabby. She's close to rolling over too but hasn't quite figured out how to get over the arm that's underneath her. I expect that she'll be able to figure it out by the end of the month. Other than that she's still the same easy-going kid and we love her to pieces. So much so that we could eat her cheeks.

This is the face she likes to make when she doesn't want to open her mouth. What a stinker.
We had guests this weekend. It was my old friend, Elise and her family. We didn't get any shots with all of us but we did of the kiddies playing together. I think Brooke liked the entertainment.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I like the high chair. It suits you Tracie.

Will said...

Yes, it's definitely a fun stage as you will continually try to out-smart her and fail . . .

Anonymous said...

Funny that you want to eat her cheeks and my friend wants to pinch them. I just want to kiss them.

Kenz said...

Nice looking high chair! She is really growing so fast and getting cuter with every picture (just when we think she couldn't possibly get any cuter).

Elise and Lane said...

Thanks again for letting us come stay with you for a few days! (I used the picture of Brooke and Danelle on the floor on my blog too.) I felt both of their expressions summed up the weekend. Danelle playing rough with Brooke, and Brooke not being able to do anything about it!!! Come see us in Texas!

Lilianne said...

She's getting so big! Lois does the exact same thing...closes her mouth super tight so I can't get any food in! Such a stinker! Brooke is just adorable. Amen.

Bacchus Family said...

Your baby is so pretty. I hope things are going well. One day Charles and Brooke can meet and be friends. Won't that be a fun day?