Wednesday, March 18, 2009

International Traveler Part I

Well, I suppose it's my turn to jot a little about my trip to Hong Kong. The events leading up to this trip were very much a whirlwind. Let's backtrack to the weekend Troy, Brooke, and I headed to CA in mid-February. Prior to this trip, we knew that my grandpa (yeh-yeh) was not feeling good and had been in the hospital. The weekend we came down, my dad got word that it was time for him to head to Hong Kong to be with yeh-yeh. We got word about 2 weeks ago that yeh-yeh had passed away and that if we'd like to, we could go to Hong Kong for the funeral. Well, as you all know, Troy had a "business" trip to Puerto Rico so that left Brooke and I. Unfortunately, Brooke does not have her passport so she couldn't go either. Both my brother, Will and I decided that it would be best if we just go. Troy's mom had already planned on coming out here to spend a few days with us while Troy was gone so instead of arriving on Monday she and Aunt Bobbi came out on Saturday. I left Saturday afternoon to head to CA. The following day we left for Hong Kong at 12:30 am. We pretty much skipped all of Monday and arrived in Hong Kong Tuesday afternoon with a quick layover in Seoul, Korea. Luckily, my mom, Will, and I weren't too jetlagged. My dad and psuedo-uncle Kady pick us up from the airport and took us to lunch at an exclusive club that uncle Kady belongs to. It served food from his home province in China, Ning-Bo. Later that afternoon, after we finally showered and got ready for the day, we headed over to my grandma's (ma-ma) and to keep her company for a little bit. Some of the conversation that took place I understood but towards to the end, my parents, aunts, and mama were talking about vaccinations and other stuff that I did not understand. Just sitting there, I think the time difference finally caught up to Will and I. Afterwards, we met up with my mom's friend, "auntie" Laura and headed to some local restaurant by way of the "ding-ding" (their tram). I practically fell asleep on Will's shoulder traveling there but the food was worth it and we fell asleep that night with full tummies.
I think I'll follow in my brother's footsteps and post about my trip in parts. Both, Will and I did not take cameras with us but luckily Troy and I took hundreds of pictures during out last trip that I think they'll suffice. Until tomorrow.
This is the bridge that connects the airport to Hong Kong Island and Kowloon.Will and I in front of our hotel, L'Hotel. (This is one of two pics that was taken with my dad's camera)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad someone got atleast 1 picture while you were there :P

Kay said...

OOooo, Will looks so tall...:)

Will said...

It just looks that way since everything in HK is built for shorter people.

Bacchus Family said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa but I'm glad you were able to go. I hope the trip was good.